Dr Meshkin ( California) Vs Dr. Raymond Konior (Illinois)

hithere

Please guide on how to decide between these two doctors. I am going for a consultation with these two in person next month and want to know what questions should I be asking them to evaluate and see which one is the best option.

My Friend's friend had a session with Dr. Meshkin and was happy when i spoke to him long back. Unfortunately I could not se his photos.

Please someone guide me on this and I have done good amount of research about these doctors and they I respect their work.

Thank you all in advance.

I have seen and heard only good things from Konior, and by all accounts he is the clear king in that region; Meshkin, I have not seen nearly as much of, which raises a big flag....and, I seem to remember multiple posts pumping him up that reeked of shilling....anyways, until proven otherwise, I would definitely "gravitate" towards Konior of those two.

When you go for your consults, I would bring a written list of questions/concerns so you don't forget anything important. Specifically, I would start by seeing a CLEAR body of their work...that is, consistent pre-ops, immediate post-ops, and fully grown out results that are clearly and consistently documented...I would pay particular attention to people who have had similiar levels of baldness and treatment. The 64k question is how many grafts -- once they give you a figure, inquire about the general battleplan that they envision you having...you will want to critically compare and contrast this with any of your other consultations, and also with the research you have done online.

Hope that helps some!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hitthere,

Welcome to our community forum.

Both Dr. Konior and Dr. Meshkin are quality physicians and are recommended on this community.

Dr. Konior is also a member of the Coalition. Click here to see the high level of membership standards for the Coalition. Click here to see Pat's detailed review from his visit to his clinic.

Before making a decision, be sure to consult with each physician and look for consistent patient posted before/after pictures. If they are not available online, be sure to ask each physician for a list of patients you can contact, talk with, view photos, and maybe even meet with if possible. For this is the best way to make an informed decision and one you are comfortable with.

Best wishes,

Bill

Another piece of advice from me, a relative newbe, is to email some people who posted in the past - even two or three years ago, to get their perspective.

Unfortunately, once some people get hair they go on to other things and don't post as much anymore. It's the nature of the whole process I suppose. But good in that you aren't actually "recovering" so you don't have to worry about going back to being bald.....

But, I've found those guys very receptive to my emails. One guy who went to the doc I ultimately chose, who hasn't been on the forum in a year, actually took some current pics and emailed them to me! He said those were the first shots he's sent out with his face in them. I was able to compare them with his 'Hair Loss Blog' and it was unreal the difference since he last posted. That's pretty cool, if you ask me.

And generally, I think most people would be willing to help you. If you're looking at Illinois and California, then geography is obviously no concern so I'd consult with four or five.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week