Still need an excuse....

The thing that's got me the most uptight about my surgery coming up on 3/20 is my workout. Not so much that I'm a fitness buff or addicted to it. To be honest, I wouldn't mind taking a month off but here's my dilemma.

I pay a trainer two days per week; and there are three of us who workout on Tuesday (my insurance agent, my chiropractor and a business owner). On Fridays, there are also three (a doctor friend and his partner, another doctor).

Three of these guys, plus the trainer, are clients of mine (financial advisor) and the trainer would tell every damn body if he finds out I've had a ht. And I would really prefer to keep it on the down low.

I'm thinking maybe a sprained wrist from a mountain bike accident next weekend. Or, bruised ribs from wrestling with my son. And, how long before I can go back to heavy lifting?

Any ideas, and this is my second request? Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

The thing that's got me the most uptight about my surgery coming up on 3/20 is my workout. Not so much that I'm a fitness buff or addicted to it. To be honest, I wouldn't mind taking a month off but here's my dilemma.

I pay a trainer two days per week; and there are three of us who workout on Tuesday (my insurance agent, my chiropractor and a business owner). On Fridays, there are also three (a doctor friend and his partner, another doctor).

Three of these guys, plus the trainer, are clients of mine (financial advisor) and the trainer would tell every damn body if he finds out I've had a ht. And I would really prefer to keep it on the down low.

I'm thinking maybe a sprained wrist from a mountain bike accident next weekend. Or, bruised ribs from wrestling with my son. And, how long before I can go back to heavy lifting?

Any ideas, and this is my second request? Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Personally, I'm a fan of a phantom "staph infection"....it gives you tons of leeway for having to lay on the low, and it can help you coverup any inquiries into your recipient area, or even donor..."Hey, your scalp is looking a little red"..."Hey, you have some marks on your scalp"...."Ya, just got over a staph infection that hit my scalp, still have some residual visuals."

Anyways, I started working out after two weeks, once I had my staples removed....I did lighter weights for more repitions, did my cardio on the elliptical, stayed away from ab exercises where my neck was directly strained...and, of course, was cognizent of any tightness in my donor....a couple of times the first week or two of working out I felt some strain in my donor, so I just backed off....after 1 month I was working out "normally", except I still found that I couldn't run or do direct neck exercises...I also wasn't doing "max" lifts...one, for a bit of caution, but also just because my body regressed a bit and I was just building myself back up gradually. I was still working out hard, though, no doubt about it.

Also, fwiw, after 4weeks I resumed brazilian jiu-jitsu training (submission wrestling, if you aren't familiar).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

If they're all expecting you and start questioning why your not working out I'd go with the Mountain bike crash. Since we're going with a story I'd say I was cruising down a single track, went over the bars and injured my shoulder and knee a little (nothing major). Shoulder injuries are never really noticible but take some time to heal (many dirtbike crashes for reference) :-). Throw the knee in so they don't expect you to do some cardio or leg workouts. Take a month off then when you're ready to get back to it you still have a good reason to start of slowly.

I started back at the gym with light workout and cardio after a month and everything was good. Definitely made sure not to strain at all.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the tips guys. Those are two excellent suggestions. I think I'll go with the Mtn. bike incident; as I'd hate to create a debate among the two doctors on staph infections and have them catch me stuttering.....

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Good call, and wise thinking.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I was back in the gym lifting on day 13, riding my bike after 1 week. My "excuse" to any that have had to see it was that I was camping and leaned too close to the fire and my hair caught on fire. Explains the redness and the reason it is shaved.

I know that the True & Dorin post-op care instructional DVD suggested that you can resume very light exercising at about one week, and showed the patient doing what looked like "woman's type" strength training with some very light looking weights. Don't quote me on anything but I believe it said if you had to work out to start very light at about 5-6 days post op and very gradually build up to normal routine after the stitches are removed. It was very general advice but common sense dictates to avoid anything that strains the donor as others mentioned.

I would say don't overdo it for a few months but don't be afraid to move around at all either. I've read threads that have advised to not have sex for like a month which is a little too paranoid if you ask me. I would avoid 69ing and stuff like that but a man gotta' live.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

showed the patient doing what looked like "woman's type" strength training with some very light looking weights.

Oh DUDE thanks!!! Seriously, I *love* doing ALL of my woman 'training' w/light women ONLY anyway...

That's great news!!! Do True & Dorin charge for this dvd, by the way?...

..."I would avoid 69ing and stuff like that but a man gotta' live"...

how about an Inverted Swedish Cork Screw?...