post transplant care

Guest Landen

How easily are transplanted hairs damaged after 12 to 14 days post transplant? I was wondering if I damged the transplanted hairs when I used the shower at full stream to help loosen up the remaining scabs. In addition I lightly massaged the area when I was washing my hair with my finger tips to help loosen up the scabs. I waited until almost 2 weeks after my transplant to do this. Please tell me if I did any harm to these transplanted hairs. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

How easily are transplanted hairs damaged after 12 to 14 days post transplant? I was wondering if I damged the transplanted hairs when I used the shower at full stream to help loosen up the remaining scabs. In addition I lightly massaged the area when I was washing my hair with my finger tips to help loosen up the scabs. I waited until almost 2 weeks after my transplant to do this. Please tell me if I did any harm to these transplanted hairs. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If you had a Follicular Unit transplant, you have nothing to worry about after 12 days.

Nothing really to worry about after 3 days if you are just talking about shower water pressure.

Relax, you didn't hurt your grafts so stop being so timid. If you had an FU transplant those scabs should have been off a long time ago. Scrub them off with the pads of your fingertips in your next few showers and have done with it. You will probably see tiny crusts with hairs in them, don't worry about it as these are not the grafts. In another week you should look more or less like you did before surgery.

Grow well and heal well.

Dr. Feller

I was told after the 1st full week your grafts are very solid and you dont worry unless you actually see blood or are in like an auto accident type situation.

A good stream of water wont hurt a thing at 12 days, your already in.

Happy growing

NW