Where Did the Scar Stretch Thread Go??

There was an interesting thread where a patient of Feller's claimed a 1" stretch. No one here believed him and even claimed that it was slander, that he was probably not a patient of Feller's, and this was anti-strip propaganda.

The patient then posted pics which showed strong growth on top ala Feller-Style, but there was a very significant stretchback on the one side that looked to be about 2cm.

I cannot find this post. The poster did not appear to do anything wrong.

I think it is important to see how it got resolved and for potential patients to know that stretchback is a possibilty in even the best hands.

I do not think that this indicates FUE is superior. However, when one sees a post like this disappear, it makes one question the objectivity of the forum.

I had a tricho strip procedure and the scar is very visible such that I need to keep the hair fairly long. There is no stretchback, it just did not heal particularly thin anywhere.

There was an interesting thread where a patient of Feller's claimed a 1" stretch. No one here believed him and even claimed that it was slander, that he was probably not a patient of Feller's, and this was anti-strip propaganda.

The patient then posted pics which showed strong growth on top ala Feller-Style, but there was a very significant stretchback on the one side that looked to be about 2cm.

I cannot find this post. The poster did not appear to do anything wrong.

I think it is important to see how it got resolved and for potential patients to know that stretchback is a possibilty in even the best hands.

I do not think that this indicates FUE is superior. However, when one sees a post like this disappear, it makes one question the objectivity of the forum.

I had a tricho strip procedure and the scar is very visible such that I need to keep the hair fairly long. There is no stretchback, it just did not heal particularly thin anywhere.

hey emperor

I saw that too , I think the scar was from an earlier surgery and nothing to do with Dr Feller . The Dr then corrected this poster and the thread vanished , Bill may be able to shed more light on it ?

You said you had scar stretch , was this with Dr Feller ?

I think you better make this statement a little clearer as it could be mis-interpreted by newbies .

cheers

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I did not have scar stretch or surgery with Feller. My scar healed fairy wide compared to better tricho results and there does not appear to be any tricho hair growing in it. I have to keep the hair on the sides at over an inch in length to cover it.

The result is not terrible. It looks like strip results we were seeing circa-2000 when results started showing up on the web.

Hey emperor

I too am interested what happend to this poster and his thread , I'm sure Bill will explain in due course .

Sorry to hear that about your scar bud , many guys on here have had scar revisions or grafts put into there old surgery scars , some using fue , mayby , cost permitting you could try looking into it .

I'm sure you have researched this for yourself though , thanks for clarifying about your scar history bud and I hope , if you eventually find your scar to much you can get it sorted .

good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Dear forum members,

The decision to remove the thread had nothing to do with anti-strip propaganda.

Dr. Feller and the original poster both asked for the thread to be removed through private email and both felt that it was misleading. I happen to agree.

Though I'm not usually in the practice of doing this, given the cirumstances and the request from both parties, I decided to oblige.

Dr. Feller performed a free repair case on an already widened scar on another clinic's patient. The patient admitted that he wasn't trying to blame Dr. Feller. Often times in scar repair cases, the scar can stretch close to it's original size. Nobody was found at fault, with maybe the exception of the original clinic.

In the future, if you see a thread has been removed and want to know more about it, send me a private message rather than addressing it publicly. We only remove threads for good reason and re-creation of a thread only causes confusion.

Best wishes,

Bill