I am really freaking out.....what percent of hair should grow at 4.5 months???

Hi guys. I just read that my HT doc was just removed from the coalition (Epstien) and now I'm starting to freak because I'm at 4.5 months and I would say maybe 30 to 40 percent of the grafts have grown in....meaning the rest is bald skin and that's looking under a 10X magnification mirror.

The hairline he created is amazing, really beautiful. But if my grafts don't grow in I'm going to look like hell. I have seen others at 4.5 months with almost all of the hair at least starting to sprout. Should I be worried? SHIT!!!!!

Hi guys. I just read that my HT doc was just removed from the coalition (Epstien) and now I'm starting to freak because I'm at 4.5 months and I would say maybe 30 to 40 percent of the grafts have grown in....meaning the rest is bald skin and that's looking under a 10X magnification mirror.

The hairline he created is amazing, really beautiful. But if my grafts don't grow in I'm going to look like hell. I have seen others at 4.5 months with almost all of the hair at least starting to sprout. Should I be worried? SHIT!!!!!

Asterisk,

We're certainly not trying to start a panic with Dr. Epstein's suspension however, I can understand why this would concern you.

In looking back at your previous posts, at 7 weeks, you were starting to experience signs of early growth.

The truth is, 4.5 months is way too early to gauge how your transplant will turn out.

At this point, all you can do is relax and wait it out. Many patients are in the same place as you are at this early stage in the game.

I am very interested in hearing about and seeing how you progress. I encourage you to post pictures of your current growth and update us monthly on your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

The reason I'm concerned is that I read somewhere that by month 5 most of the transplanted hair should have started to grow. I'm not talking thick hair, but should I be seeing at least little teeny hairs all over in my 10X mirror or is it really ok to see nothing at this point?

I agree this is one of the more common questions, but then again seeing as my Doctor was just kicked out of the Coalition for sub-par results.....kind of changes thigs a bit. I woke up literally sick about this!!

I guess what I'm asking is at what point, looking in a 10X magnification mirror, should I expect that no new hairs will sprout?

I read that by 5 months all the transplanted hair should have sprouted.....not matured, but sprouted. Is this true? I know maturing continues up to a year and beyond, but what about sprouting (i.e. teeeeny little hairs starting to poke through)

Thanks so much guys!

At 4.5 months I felt like I had had extremely little growth; by 6 months I may as well have been fully grown. Point being, it is both a gradual and lengthy process -- growing -- and to varying degrees we sprout at different rates. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!