Educating newbie hairloss suffers? What questions to ask!

damo

It's nice to see such passion from 2 people who basically want to educate people. Each is expressing their individual experience which I can only imagine would be quite different from each other. I think it is accurate to say it would be the same for any type of surgery. good and poor outcomes.

Bottom line is do your research... Extensively, and you will most likely have a good result with a qualified doctor

Make a bad one, and suffer the risks involved with surgery.. There is always a chance for this outcome regardless

I've had 2 HT's with Dr True (2876) and my results are excellent. Probably will have a 3rd down the road

Mahair (although a little rough) should be an alert people to take notice.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Fine, maybe there is always a voice for the extreme but I think it's safe to say that we can call Mahair the George Carlin of hair transplant patients.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Mahair:

I have plenty of entegrity buddy. As a plaintiffs lawyer yours is questionable. Yes I was butchered. In the meantime I educated myself on hair transplants. I also realized there is a similarity. Wanna hear it? How do you know when a hair transplant surgeon or a lawyer is lying to you? Their lips move.

Given your arguments, its difficult to disagree.

Till now, that is before the advent of BHT, hair transplants were not even a cure.

I think as BHT becomes more mainstream you will see the better doctors gaining the upper hand.

Till then, its 2000 graft sessions followed by advise to the patient to have realistic expectations. icon_frown.gif

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

Thanks Hoping-- I just might do that.

All, just looking to keep things educational.... although gentleman like ourselves get steamed as well, from time to time... icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Get me a tissue.The lips moving was part joke part reality. I did not say all hair transplant doctors where bottom of the barrel common opertunists but that most where. This is true.They are taking advantage of people over promising results and disfiguring people on a daily basis. What other specialty does that? As far as lawyers go I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a number of them too. The bottom line. If it wasn't a home run no risk proposition. Forget it.

I don't mind being the George Carlin of the hair transplant world but just don't call me dollie .As far as Damo goes he can be all over the moon ,estatic and condoning surgery laser combs and spicy food forever. But obviously ignorance is bliss with him.

I will be going for my third surgery in three years to attain a normal look. If I thought "ALL" doctors in this field where quacks I wouldn't be doing it.But most are.

I rest my case.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

How do you know when a hair transplant surgeon or a lawyer is lying to you? Their lips move.

This is a blanket statement that I think even you know is blatently false. I have met and/or spoke on the phone with quite a few hair restoration physicians that are VERY ethical and turn away more patients than they take. I'd give examples, but I don't think I have to drag good doctors' names into this discussion to make my point.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

>>>As far as lawyers go I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a number of them too. The bottom line. If it wasn't a home run no risk proposition. Forget it.<<<

I assume you are talking about a medical malpractice suit against the doctors who butchered you. I am assuming you never found a lawyer to bring a case on your behalf.

The facts are that despite what you hear in the media, most lawyers do not sue doctors and those that do are very selective about the cases they take. They are very expensive cases to bring and they are difficult cases to win before a jury. They are very expensive cases to bring because you need experts - other doctors - who must testify that the defendant doctor failed to meed a minimum standard of care. That costs lots and lots of money. A lawyer before taking a medical malpractice case needs to evaluate the chances of winning - liability- and the damages likely to be awarded if you do win. If the damages do not go into six figures at a minimum, it is hard to justify taking such a case because it is the lawyers money and time on the line and there needs to be a good possibility of a sufficient payback before the lawyer is going to undergo the risk. You have mentioned all kinds of problems from scarring to inability to sweat. If these are real problems from the hair transplant, i.e., if somehow the HT doctor damaged nerves in your head that caused all of these problems, I would think you would not have much trouble finding a lawyer to take your case, assuming the injury could be objectively proven. If you couldn't, it may well be because the damages caused were only cosmetic and there was not sufficient evidence of nerve damage. But yea, lawyers are businessmen. They take cases on contingency if they think there is a reasonable possibility of making a sufficient return on their investment of time and money. If not, they don't take the case. One other thing you should know is that lawyers also need to evaluate their clients for likeability and credibility because juries are much more likely to find in favor of people they believe and find trustworthy. If you didn't come across well to a lawyer in this respect they may well have decided the case wasn't worth it.

yOU ARE RIGHT. sUBJECTIVELY IT WAS AN ELECTIVE. tHE FACT THAT i WAS DISFIGURED HAS NO BEARING. aLSO i WAS INFORMED OF THE LETIGIOUS PROSPECT OF GOING FORWARD. tHATS WHY i AM PUSHING FOR LEGISLATION. tHESE "DOCTORS" KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. i AM GOING FOR FRAUD AT THIS POINT.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens