Hello, seeking advice.

I'm an 18 year old male, and my hair is falling out. I started shedding when I was about 15, I had a noticable receding hair line at 16. Now, it's basically out of control... it's receeding at my temples, and it's so wide that it goes down the sides of my hair. The top is beginning to thin out as well, especially towards the front. I'm using nizoral shampoo about 3 times a week, and rogaine twice a day even though it says it isn't proven to work for frontal baldness. I keep my hair a bit shaggy, so that my temples and all other thinning areas are covered, but it's becoming increasingly more difficult. It looks extremely thin and stupid... I've been dying it black and blow drying it so that it looks thicker. My hair falls out every time I stand in front of the mirror and adjust it... This is really hard to deal with, especially considering I'm only 18 years old. I've been thinking about starting propecia, I was curious if anyone could offer any suggestions. I'm not sure if the fact that I'm vegetarian and I smoke would have anything to do with this... I've only been smoking for about 6 months, and I've only been vegetarian for about 2... It always gets worse anyways, but I'm not sure if these things are increasing it even more.

I'm an 18 year old male, and my hair is falling out. I started shedding when I was about 15, I had a noticable receding hair line at 16. Now, it's basically out of control... it's receeding at my temples, and it's so wide that it goes down the sides of my hair. The top is beginning to thin out as well, especially towards the front. I'm using nizoral shampoo about 3 times a week, and rogaine twice a day even though it says it isn't proven to work for frontal baldness. I keep my hair a bit shaggy, so that my temples and all other thinning areas are covered, but it's becoming increasingly more difficult. It looks extremely thin and stupid... I've been dying it black and blow drying it so that it looks thicker. My hair falls out every time I stand in front of the mirror and adjust it... This is really hard to deal with, especially considering I'm only 18 years old. I've been thinking about starting propecia, I was curious if anyone could offer any suggestions. I'm not sure if the fact that I'm vegetarian and I smoke would have anything to do with this... I've only been smoking for about 6 months, and I've only been vegetarian for about 2... It always gets worse anyways, but I'm not sure if these things are increasing it even more.

Sorry to hear about your situation. First of all a nutrition defeciency can cause all sorts of problems so if you are not getting complete proteins your hair can suffer..

I suppose you go to a dermatologist and see what your options are including a question about your hairloss.

Propecia maybe your only options

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Sorry to hear of yet another young comrade afflicted...well, nizoral is a good start, and so is the minox; it is true that the rogaine wasn't really tested and proved for frontal baldness..HOWEVER, this doesn't mean it can't work there, and when combined with propecia, there is strong anecdotal evidence to support positive changes in the frontal 1/3rd.

I would go to a good dermatologist and get checked out; it is there that you could look into propecia, as well.

Also, you may want to check out a good thickening shampoo (Aveda, Nanogen n' Toppik's websites sell good ones too), and a "concealer" -- e.g., dermmatch, nanogen. Halting your loss, possibly attaining some regrowth, and finding non-surgical ways to successfuly cope and bridge the time period to where you might be in an ideal spot for a HT, something new comes along, etc.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

sorry to hear that pd,i too went pretty fast at 18 and feel your pain.

pretty much agree with all that thana and jobi said,the only thing ill add is if your thinning, shaggy dyed black hair is not going to fool for long.have you tried buzzing short?i felt my hair was"stronger" the shorter i kept it.

good luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really the buzz cut type, haha. I've always had long, nice hair. It got to the point where when it was longer the bangs looked really thin on the sides, and it was stupid looking, so I cut it shorter. It looks pretty normal now... It's just upsetting, because my hair has always kinda been my best trait. And now I'm losing it, hah.