Dr Jones in Canada???

• 2 months later...

I had Dr. Jones perform a HT on me in mid July, 2002. I couldn't be more happy with the procedure and the results so far. When checking with other surgeons, all I ever spoke with were sales people. Dr. Jones himself called me when he was available, and he spent half an hour on the phone answering all my questions. It was great.

The price he charged for the 2000+ FU procedure plus the air fare was less than half of what I was quoted by several places here in the U.S. It turned out that the donor strip was very dense with hair so he obtained many more follicular units than he expected, so he used those to fill in my crown area. He ended up taking care of all of my balding areas.

During the procedure, he contacted the local pharmacy for me and had the antibiotics, pain medicine, and a 2+ year supply of Proscar purchased and delivered to the office for me to take with me. All I did was pick up the sack on the way out.

Dr. Jones and his staff were exceptionally friendly and professional. They all went to whatever extent was required to make me feel comfortable. Dr. Jones recommended that I stay in Oakville the night of the procedure so that he could check me in the morning. The donor area was hurting me at bedtime that night, so I gave him a call, as he had told me to do. He came to my hotel room ten minutes later to inject some pain medication in the donor area. I slept with no pain whatsoever. I thought that was way above and beyond for him to do. He knew that I had a long day of flying home via four hops, so he gave me some injections before I left to make the trip home as comfortable as possible.

I was expecting to have to wear my hat for a month. I had the procedure done on a Wednesday and took the rest of the week off. I wore a hat to work the following Monday and Tueesday. Tuesday night, nearly every scab fell off, and there was no swelling. I went to work on Wednesday and no one had any clue that I had had anything done. It was great.

Now I am waiting impatiently as the hairs slowly start growing and coming in. I am so glad that I found Dr. Jones. He is a great guy. He charges a very reasonable fee, has a great staff, and does a wonderful job. If someday I opt to have another transplant, I won't hesitate to have Dr. Jones do it. Before you go anywhere else, consider him and give him a call. You'll be so glad you did.

I am preparing progressive pictures of my transplant experience and will post them here when they are ready.

Mark Peterson

Iowa