Strips & FUE...

Regarding the AVERAGE total # of donor grafts one has, we often hear the #'s 7-10K thrown around.

I was wondering does this include FUE if one has been "stripped out"?

I know this is virtually impossible to answer as it is completely relative to the individual.

I just don't recall ever seeing a patient who has been stripped out (had 3-4 strips)

PLUS

going for additional FUE...

just wondering if the AVERAGE 7-10K number includes the possibility that one goes for FUE after he's stripped out.

stands to reason that one could get a significant amount of additional grafts from FUE (after being stripped out) as the strip is confined to a straight/curved specific area, where the FUE is taken in "spots".

any thoughts?

or anyone know of a case where someone has done this?

Regarding the AVERAGE total # of donor grafts one has, we often hear the #'s 7-10K thrown around.

I was wondering does this include FUE if one has been "stripped out"?

I know this is virtually impossible to answer as it is completely relative to the individual.

I just don't recall ever seeing a patient who has been stripped out (had 3-4 strips)

PLUS

going for additional FUE...

just wondering if the AVERAGE 7-10K number includes the possibility that one goes for FUE after he's stripped out.

stands to reason that one could get a significant amount of additional grafts from FUE (after being stripped out) as the strip is confined to a straight/curved specific area, where the FUE is taken in "spots".

any thoughts?

or anyone know of a case where someone has done this?

I've always been under the assumption that "the avg" is of a lower range than 7-10k; though, perhaps, with the way things currently stand, that is current average range.

Anyways, I've wondered the same question before, and wan't able to find a direct answer; though, it seems that a stategic combo of strip/FUE could produce an optimal result (maximal grafts); and, I would have to assume that if so many people would go this route. BUT, I have never actually seen such cases.

In the bumped Dr. Feller/FUE thread above, the bumper JR asked something similiar, I beleive.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

where's this bumper, JR?

Maybe the reason why neither of us have ever seen cases like this is that no one else is obsessed with getting

Mondo-Moxy-Mops like we are. icon_mad.gif

I must admit, I don't know if I would actually be willing to go through with this myself either.

Three, Four strips

-PLUS-

a couple FUE's?!?!?

That is a ton of down time and probably

a $100,000 head of hair. icon_mad.gif

Would be cool to get an answer to though

and/or see someone who has done it!!!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147025 really good thread.

Hahah, perhaps that is the reason....I actually can't think of anything else. I would 100% follow through with it, especially after having been so (pleasantly) underwhelemed by the downtime/recovery of my past HT. Especially when you factor in that the FUEs will be considerably less intensive, w/ regard to "recovery".

I too would love an answer....sometimes it does seem that there ARE viable, albeit complex, paths out there to really attain maximal results that are a bit off the beaten path.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Damn that's a LONG thread than. icon_redface.gif

Perhaps I will finish it AFTER my 4 strips and 2 FUE's! icon_mad.gif

wanna write the cliff notes for me?

Hold onto your seats boys 'n girls, I posted a thread to Dr. Mejia (as he is online right now) asking some of these very questions and Propecia questions you and I have been discussing than...

maybe he will answer? I would love to get one of these docs all to myself to ask questions.

Every time Im in the live chat room the first thing I do is invite ALL of the docs to a PRIVATE chat with me...

Long thread, indeed; print out a copy and read it over while Hasson is wielding his magical mitts on your soon to be lush noggin.

-----------

I think 7,000 - 10,000 total (pure follicular unit) grafts is optimistic is terms of what is *average.* I think 6,000 - 8,000 is the reality for the average patient. FUE adds some more grafts but don't expect to "strip out" and then pull thousands of additional grafts with FUE.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.