Excellent HT Experience With DR. LINDSEY

Guest Happy in Maryland"??

February 13, 2008

THANK YOU DR. LINDSEY AND YOUR EXCELLENT STAFF!!!

I just had a transplant with William Lindsey, MD in Reston-Va. and can say it was by far better than the transplant I had ten years ago with another Virginia doctor. After my first transplant I could tell that the grafts were too big and spread apart. I gave up on more hair transplants because I couldn't see the point, but after meeting a patient of Dr. Lindsey who had his surgery 18 months ago with him I was really shocked to see how far transplants had come.

I met with the doctor in his very beautiful Reston office and I told him my situation. He looked at my scalp and then checked the back. He couldn't understand why I had such a long scar from my prior surgery with another Va. doctor and told me that he suspected what I suspected, which was that it looked like more grafts were taken out of the back of my head than could be seen in the front. He said that was a common problem he has seen in the past.

When He told me that I could get 3,000 grafts I wasn't sure if I heard him right. 3000 grafts in ONE session?????

I could hardley believe it. I signed up for a surgery, paid my deposit, filled out the legal forms and such, and made a date.

Today was the day. I got up early to drive to his office on time. He was already there ready with some jokes and magic marker. He drew on my head and showed me the area he was going to fill. I still couldn't believe the iincredible number of grafts he said I would get. I asked how I could be sure that I got so many grafts. I reminded him that I was already burned before. He said no problem and said he would take close up photos right after the procedure.

I got to tell you, I wasn't happy about the needles to numb the back, but it was far far far better than what I went through 10 years before. Dr. L told me he was going to remove the old scar so that it would look like I only had one scar. I was all for that! Then he removed the strip while I lay on my stomach. I can't say I would have fallen asleep, but I didn't feel a thing. Lot's of weird sounds though. Then he STAPLED my head closed. I really thought that would hurt, but nope, no pain at all.

Then he went to the front of my head and numbed it. Much better than the back. Dr. L has a steady hand so I suggested he do botox on me at the same time!!! When he told me the price of the botox I said Nah, I'm paying enough for the transplant. Who cares about wrinkles????!!!

After I was numbed in the front he started making tiny slits with a tool that looked like a scizzors. I looked at the tip and it was small. Dr. Lindsey said it was .7mm, and it must have been true because I could barely see it. After about an hour he finished the slits. I took a few naps because I didn't sleep too well last nite. While that was going on Wendy and the rest of his crew (who are very nice to look at by the way) took my follicles out of the strip with huge microscopes. These aren't the tiny ones you see on CSI, these were futuristic things. They let me look through them later and it makes these tiny grafts look tremendous.

After Dr. Lindsey was done making slits, two of the ladies started placing my grafts. Doc said that he made 2500 slit holes and would make the rest later. I started to get anxious that I wasn't going to get what I paid for, but after a good lunch (I had a turkey sandwich) by 2:00 the came in to make more holes. I can't tell you how relieved I was. He made 600 more holes, which I was able to count because 1. I could here the noise they made as he cut into my skin and 2. He was counting outloud.

The ladies placed the rest of the grafts and by 4pm I was done. NO pain at all. None. The doc put some more pain killer in the back where the staples were and I just came home. I have no pain at all and can't help but looking at my new grafts.

That's my story, I hope it helps others in need of good transplant work.

I highly recommend Dr. Lindsey to anyone who wants to get their hair back. This goes double for guys who have been in my shoes by having poor work performed by a poor doctor who just doesn't care. If you've had bad work, go to Dr. Lindsey and have a consult. Hopefully I won't need to go back for more work because I think the rest of my hair is really good. But if I absolutly have to, then I wouldn't think twice about going back into Dr. Lindsey's chair.

Hello Bill,

Here are some of the pics of me before and after my surgery. As you can see in the After 5 pic, my front has been really packed with lots of hair! I am looking forward to showing off the results as soon as it grows in. I'm still feeling great and expect great results from this HT.

Here is a link to my pics on Photobucket: http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/HappyWithHair/

Thanks again DR. L

Guest josh - b

happy,

That work looks very impressive. You've also got thick curly hair which will really help u with your final result.

In a few months you'll have a mop starsky would be proud of icon_smile.gif (or is it hutch?)

Happy,

You are very welcome, and thanks for sharing your results. Wendy and the girls checked your post are excited for you too. I look forward to seeing you back.

Dr. Lindsey RESTON, VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with Josh that the work looks excellent and that combined w/ your positive hair charachteristics the results are going to be, I think, extremely impressive. Hope you report back to us with good news in another 6+ months!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 1 month later...