Hairloss and really thin hair

Hey guys.. im not going to be your favourite person as im 19 lol. and i know most of you think that fair too young to be even complaining about hairloss.

Abit about myself, im 19 athletic and been told good looking, i have gone out with very good lookin girls etc, and then a couple of years ago i realised the hair near my temples were thinning and i lost a touch of the hair there and that went to the angles of my front hairline. Ive always had really thin hair, before i talk about surgery are there anythings that actually do work in rejuvenating and restoring hairlines? cos im at my wits end stressing about it.

I did think bout folliclar surgery, but feel its a bit much but if i did do it i would get my hairline decreased bout 0.5 cm to look better aesthetically, any thoughts please let me know

Hi mate if your not already on any sort of medication get on it right away as this will help prevent you from losing more hair and may even grow some of your hair back.

The medication I am talking about is Propecia (Proscar) this is a tablet that has to be taken daily. Run a search on here about it. Also you could try and use Regaine (Minox)

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

Yes it does help mainly to keep what you already have. Infact 80/90% of posters on here are probably taking Propecia (Proscar) Of course do your research before taking it.

As for Minox im not a fan but lookit up as it does help people out too.

Your loss sounds like it is extremely minimal; so don't sweat it too much, as the "untrained" eye prolly doesn't even realize the loss you have.

If you are concerned with your hairline, and frontal region, I would get on a combination of Propecia and Rogaine Foam 5% -- combined, this by far gives you the best shot at regrowth and effectiveness in the front. At the same time, it will strenghthen all of your existing hairs, so if you are in a position to get an HT down the road, it will be farther down the road (good for the obvious reason of having more hair longer, and also b/c who knows what new treatment may be out); as well, there will be a much greater chance that a more minimal -- and effective -- procedure would be necessary for you.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Try using some Toppik Fibres they work great. I use just a little Toppic Fibres and it does the job for me icon_wink.gif

But i would recomend getting on the meds tho mate to prevent you losing any more hair

I agree w/ stevo -- toppik and/or dermmatch could work great for you. Also, try a "thickening" shampoo -- the main site that sells toppik offers some. I've heard good things about "Pantene's" thickening shampoo, as well.

I would definitely go to a dermatologist or a hair restoration doctor to get checked for minaturization to really see were you are at.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Guest josh - b

Hi jonk,

it sounds like your hairline is taking a more mature pattern. This happens to almost everybody at some stage.

Try not to fret as it may not be mpb.

If it is mpb then as adviced to u already propecia/proscar is what u should take to combat it.

'almost' no doctor will perform surgery on u at such a young age and with such minimal recession.

best of luck

Hi Jonk,

You are too young for a HT, no Dr recommended on this forum will accept to do a HT on a 19 y/o patient, unless it's a very particular and rare case, I am sure of it. Try Revita shampoo, I use it and love it, if you start young you might get nice benefits, it will stimulate your hair and scalp, it's not a miracle cure but a nice mild treatment. I am not sure taking Finasteride so young is a good idea, I would consult with a Dr to make sure. You came to the right place for advice, over here you'll get all the answers you need.