Exercising after HT

I understand to wait a week after HT to resume exercising, lightly. And then gradually increase exercising to normal levels over the next 2 to 4 weeks.

What is the concern about overdoing it? I can see how it could cause problems with the strip scar healing properly. but can it affect the transplanted grafts? can it increase shockloss?

what about sweating, does it affect the grafts?

I understand to wait a week after HT to resume exercising, lightly. And then gradually increase exercising to normal levels over the next 2 to 4 weeks.

What is the concern about overdoing it? I can see how it could cause problems with the strip scar healing properly. but can it affect the transplanted grafts? can it increase shockloss?

what about sweating, does it affect the grafts?

Excessive strain via exercise is primarily a (potential) detriment to your scar; once the grafts have really taken hold after ~week+, exercising shouldn't do them harm. I've never heard of it increasing shockloss, though if it did I can't see how it would be anything but temporary.

Nor should sweating, though I placed a premium on keeping the area extremely clean as much as was possible when I began exercising -- and sweating -- post op.

Re: exercising....be very cognizent of feelings of strain in your donor...definitely avoid doing neck-related exercises, or really anything where you happen to feel an unusual strain in that area. Personally, I found running and crunches/ab exercises to take the longest for me to be able to execute sans donor strain.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!