Please help...I have a crazy question about hair loss

I'm not losing my hair at all. It's not receding and there is no more than normal hair loss in the shower. My hair over the course of about six or 8 months got thinner in diameter and it's all over...my sides and the back of my head.

Has anyone ever experienced this...I've heard of Telogen Effluvium I was wondering if this is a form of it

I'm not losing my hair at all. It's not receding and there is no more than normal hair loss in the shower. My hair over the course of about six or 8 months got thinner in diameter and it's all over...my sides and the back of my head.

Has anyone ever experienced this...I've heard of Telogen Effluvium I was wondering if this is a form of it

Weird, doesn't sound like MPB if the "thinning" isn't actually a loss of hair, or even the process of terminal hairs going vellus....get in touch with a dermatologist ASAP!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

erichamm,

I agree that this doesn't sound like male pattern baldness. However, a number of non-genetic factors can contribute to or cause hair loss.

Have you started on any new medication recently? Some medication can cause hair loss.

In my opinion, consult with a dermatologist and have a full medical makeup performed to see if the cause can be targeted.

Best wishes,

Bill