Some questions, please help!!!

I'm a 19 years old male, I'm not really having severe hair loss, but more like severe thinning, 2 years ago i would grow my hair and it will probably look better than the hair of anyone around me, now i can't, not only because it's thin, but because for some reason it's really dry and it looks ugly when it grows.

Anyway I live in the UAE, and the only good clinic i ever heard of here was NuHart, but when i checked on forums like this one I read nothing but bad things about them, however they have this thing called Neografting which starts at $2600, kinda expensive, but do you think it's good?

Another thing is Dr.Alvi is here in the UAE for 4 days, but the thing is, i don't think i can afford having a procedure by him, since he charges 1000 dirhams(about $300) for the consultation alone.

my hair is not falling of or thinning the way it used to do last year, is that a good sign? or is it like a phase and then it'll go back again to thinning?

I see alot of experts in this forum, that's why i'm asking for help here.

I'm a 19 years old male, I'm not really having severe hair loss, but more like severe thinning, 2 years ago i would grow my hair and it will probably look better than the hair of anyone around me, now i can't, not only because it's thin, but because for some reason it's really dry and it looks ugly when it grows.

Anyway I live in the UAE, and the only good clinic i ever heard of here was NuHart, but when i checked on forums like this one I read nothing but bad things about them, however they have this thing called Neografting which starts at $2600, kinda expensive, but do you think it's good?

Another thing is Dr.Alvi is here in the UAE for 4 days, but the thing is, i don't think i can afford having a procedure by him, since he charges 1000 dirhams(about $300) for the consultation alone.

my hair is not falling of or thinning the way it used to do last year, is that a good sign? or is it like a phase and then it'll go back again to thinning?

I see alot of experts in this forum, that's why i'm asking for help here.

I'm not the expert, but do you have some pics you can post? That will get some conversation going for sure.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I've only heard negative experiences with Nuhart. Given your young age, getting on meds is probably going to be recommended by the top clinics. Do plenty of research and don't do anything rash. Your top priority should be slowing or halting your hair loss progression rather than looking to restore your hairs with surgery at this time.

spiderman,

At 19 years old and extreme hair thinning, I would not recommend surgery at this time.

Do yourself a favor and consider getting on Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) for at least a year to see if you can at the very least, stop your hair loss and possibly regrow hair.

Please be sure however, to research not only the benefits but potential side effects of these medications before proceeding. But in combination with one another, this will give you the greatest chance of restoring hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

Look into dermmatch and/or nanogen, as well. Some don't find the results or application to be worth it, but for many the results are nothing short of magical. It could work especially well if you are a diffuse thinner.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!