concealers

Guest brent

Guest brent

I was wondering how a concealer like prothik or dermatch affects the hair follicle. Not just for new grafts, but for long term overall health of the hairs. I love prothik and how it thickens, but dont want to end up killing or weakening the hair follicles I've had transplanted or are trying to keep. I'm thinking if you use it sparingly and wash it out everynight ( or morning) it isnt too bad.

Thanks

Guest brent

I was wondering how a concealer like prothik or dermatch affects the hair follicle. Not just for new grafts, but for long term overall health of the hairs. I love prothik and how it thickens, but dont want to end up killing or weakening the hair follicles I've had transplanted or are trying to keep. I'm thinking if you use it sparingly and wash it out everynight ( or morning) it isnt too bad.

Thanks

These types of products have been on the market for quite a while, and generally work very well. I believe that if used sparingly and washed out thoroughly each day they will cause no damage to existing or transplanted hairs/follicles.

Guest brent

Cutlass,

The one I use is Prothik. You can purchase it at Prothik.com. It is an aerosol hairspray, and it also colours your scalp, so all you see is hair, and not bald skin. I am not sure how it works on all hair types, but my hair is wavy and coarse and it is just fantastic. It also thickens the hairs and gives more body. It can get a little messy, but once you match your colour and use it sparingly (spray on and add some gel works really well) it is great. The Trick is to have some hair in the area that you will be using the stuff. Some people might not like it, but is worth trying, ecspecially after transplants are not as thick as you hoped. It all depends how thick you want your hair to look. If there is anything I've left out let me know and I'd be more than happy to fill you in.

Brent,

I will give a try. My only question is that my hair is between a medium brown and a light brown.

Which color should I go with?

Guest brent

Cutlass,

My hair is probably the same colour as yours. I use the medium brown, as I find the light brown too light. If you are more on the darker side, try the medium, but you can also try each one to figure it out. I think some guys use two colours to get a better match. At first it takes some experimentation, and it can get a liitle messy at first (stuff gets on your hands pretty easy) but once you know what you are doing it really does the trick. Good luck!