Any suggestions on a surgeon?

I live in Maryland and I have been loosing my hair for about the last 7 years and I am ready to stop it. I have met with Bosley, Dr Gianato and the Hair Club for men and I just cant decide who to use. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am willing to travel anywhere in order to find someone who does a great job. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Mike,

Living in Maryland, I would encourage you to at least consider and consult with Dr. Vogel, who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians, who have a proven track record of consistent quality results. See our high level of membership standards for the Coalition.

Each Coalition physician is carefully evaluated and visited by Pat Hennessey (our community Publisher). See Pat's detailed review and visitation of Dr. Vogel here.

Be sure to research thoroughly all surgeons you are considering.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Mike--- what you need to do is identify your wants and needs through online research and consults with top docs.

I would examine the Coalition Docs and identify some patients who have similar loss and select several docs who have results you may desire.

Do consults with these docs and compare and contrast your information.

If you do this, I believe you will find a great doc and most likely have a great experience.

You WILL need to do more research based on the clinics you have listed, IMO.

Anyway, please feel free to send us some pics or call for a phone consult, Matt Zupan would be happy to speak with you.

Good Luck and happy research!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

There are some great ht docs out there. Dont go for area docs if they are not to your satisfaction. You will have to live with your ht for life. Bosley????? Terrible a roll of the dice!!! That Dr. You mentioned Gianatto!!! Take a look at the surgeon reviews portion. I just responded yesterday to the question (How does it look) by its_going_fast I think that will answer your question on him . Good luck take your time and if you have to travel a little bit futher than you wanted to (you will be much happier in the long run!!! New york has some great docs!!!! My doc Jeff Epstein does work out of NYC AND MIAMI (LOOK AT FOUNDHAIR.COM)

NO TO BOSLEY AND HAIR CLUB!!!!! Gianotto I have never heard of. Dr.Feller is close by in New York and is one of the top 5 HT docs in the world and he's reasonably priced. Here are the other docs I considered:

Rahal, Alexander, H&W, Shapiro. If Feller wasn't close to me in New York I would have traveled as far as I needed to go for a top doc, and there are only a handful.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I've had one mediocre transplant, a 'system' from Hair Club for a week, and researched the heck out of every doc in the continental U.S. and Canada, and here's my opinion:

No to those you mention. These, in no particular order:

1. Vogel

2. Cooley, NC

3. Charles, Boca Raton

4. Bernstein, NY

5. Feller, NY

6. Janna icon_eek.gif, I mean Shapiro

7. Alexander

8. Hassan / Wong

9. Nokutsaki (sp?), Canada

10. Any other Coalition doc with some patients on here posting photos.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Wow, with a list of docs like you originally posted who needs enemies....icon_wink.gif

You seem to be on a great path now, at any rate; I'd personally suggest doing a consult (live or online) with at least two esteemed clinics -- a Coalition doc being a great starting point. Best of luck, I am sure you will choose well either way!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!