Hair Transplant with Dr Deveroye

Treb

Hello All

Firstly I'd like to give my most sincere thanks to Bill, Pat and everybody else involved on this website, you provide an invaluable service.

I've recently had a hair transplant with Dr DeVroye in Brussels and the following is a summary of my experience to date.

Most people are very aware of the huge loss of confidence in going bald. For years I researched every possibility to stop my hair loss, refusing to accept that once my hair loss started, going bald was inevitable. I poured large sums of money into minoxidil sprays, vitamin supplements, and laser combs but too little success. I except certain people obtain desirable results but not in my case. Once these treatments failed I decided to turn to the last possible alternative, a hair transplant.

Not knowing the least bit about the different hair transplants available and the huge variations in standards, I organised a consultation at my local clinic in Ireland. After my visit I was filled with doubts. For peace of mind I decided to do some research on the net, and it is while doing this, that thankfully I came across this website. Alarmingly I found negative after negative comment about my chosen clinic on the website confirming my initial doubts.

I pulled the plug on my local clinic and chose Dr DeVroye in Brussels instead after a number of very positive reviews on this site. Due to the busy constraints of my job I was unable to visit the clinic in advance of the hair transplant. I know this was a risky ploy, but through his outstanding website, and my countless emails and telephone calls I was fully confident I was choosing the right clinic. Through his online consultation the number of grafts, FUT procedure (Dr DeVroye gives the option of FUE also), price and date were agreed. Pre operative instructions and prescriptions were sent to my home address well in advance of transplant.

Arriving at the clinic the day of the transplant I was made fell extremely welcome by Dr DeVroye and his extremely professional team. I felt completely at ease through the entire 2800 grafts (6600 hairs) and at ??????¬8000, the cost was half of what they were charging back home in Ireland. The transplant took from 9am to 7pm where the utmost care was taken to ensure every hair was correctly placed. A number of breaks were given during the day where food was provided by his staff. At no stage in the transplant did I feel I was been rushed, even after such a long day. Once the procedure was finished I was given post operative instructions with a bag of essential medications to ensure the grafts were kept well moisturised and no infection of the donor area took place. Overall I found the procedure to be reasonably comfortable with only slight discomfort in the donor area for about 24 hours.

The extremely refined procedure in removing the hairs from the donor zone has allowed me keep the hair transplant completely confidential from my friends and family. Although it must be stated I did have a two week holiday after the transplant and now have a shaved head.

I totally agree with the other posters on this forum regarding Dr DeVroye taking huge pride in his work and genuinely caring for his patients. I even got personally driven by him to my hotel after the transplant. Since the procedure Dr DeVroye and his staff have sent on a number of emails asking how the transplant was doing and sent on a few of the photos from the day of the surgery. Its been one month since the procedure and the signs are promising. Below I've posted some pics, directly before, directly after and one month after. I intend to update my progress on this website over the year.

Once again thanks to this website for showing me the light and to Dr DeVroye and his team for what I feel is an excellent procedure

TOP.jpg.1f7c13af70482db684feefb395cb37fa.jpg

Hello All

Firstly I'd like to give my most sincere thanks to Bill, Pat and everybody else involved on this website, you provide an invaluable service.

I've recently had a hair transplant with Dr DeVroye in Brussels and the following is a summary of my experience to date.

Most people are very aware of the huge loss of confidence in going bald. For years I researched every possibility to stop my hair loss, refusing to accept that once my hair loss started, going bald was inevitable. I poured large sums of money into minoxidil sprays, vitamin supplements, and laser combs but too little success. I except certain people obtain desirable results but not in my case. Once these treatments failed I decided to turn to the last possible alternative, a hair transplant.

Not knowing the least bit about the different hair transplants available and the huge variations in standards, I organised a consultation at my local clinic in Ireland. After my visit I was filled with doubts. For peace of mind I decided to do some research on the net, and it is while doing this, that thankfully I came across this website. Alarmingly I found negative after negative comment about my chosen clinic on the website confirming my initial doubts.

I pulled the plug on my local clinic and chose Dr DeVroye in Brussels instead after a number of very positive reviews on this site. Due to the busy constraints of my job I was unable to visit the clinic in advance of the hair transplant. I know this was a risky ploy, but through his outstanding website, and my countless emails and telephone calls I was fully confident I was choosing the right clinic. Through his online consultation the number of grafts, FUT procedure (Dr DeVroye gives the option of FUE also), price and date were agreed. Pre operative instructions and prescriptions were sent to my home address well in advance of transplant.

Arriving at the clinic the day of the transplant I was made fell extremely welcome by Dr DeVroye and his extremely professional team. I felt completely at ease through the entire 2800 grafts (6600 hairs) and at ??????¬8000, the cost was half of what they were charging back home in Ireland. The transplant took from 9am to 7pm where the utmost care was taken to ensure every hair was correctly placed. A number of breaks were given during the day where food was provided by his staff. At no stage in the transplant did I feel I was been rushed, even after such a long day. Once the procedure was finished I was given post operative instructions with a bag of essential medications to ensure the grafts were kept well moisturised and no infection of the donor area took place. Overall I found the procedure to be reasonably comfortable with only slight discomfort in the donor area for about 24 hours.

The extremely refined procedure in removing the hairs from the donor zone has allowed me keep the hair transplant completely confidential from my friends and family. Although it must be stated I did have a two week holiday after the transplant and now have a shaved head.

I totally agree with the other posters on this forum regarding Dr DeVroye taking huge pride in his work and genuinely caring for his patients. I even got personally driven by him to my hotel after the transplant. Since the procedure Dr DeVroye and his staff have sent on a number of emails asking how the transplant was doing and sent on a few of the photos from the day of the surgery. Its been one month since the procedure and the signs are promising. Below I've posted some pics, directly before, directly after and one month after. I intend to update my progress on this website over the year.

Once again thanks to this website for showing me the light and to Dr DeVroye and his team for what I feel is an excellent procedure

Treb,

I'm very pleased to hear, but not surprised you had a great experience with world class Dr. DeVroye. Your postoperative photos are nice and clean and 2800 grafts will make a nice difference when they grow in and mature.

The healing process won't take long, and the wait for new growth is often the hardest part.

I encourage you also to create a hair loss weblog which is the easiest way to document your progress with photos. Then you can add a link to your blog in your forum signature so people can find easily find it every time you post. For step by step instructions for creating a weblog and adding it to your signature, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

The work looks good, indeed! Thx for keeping us posted, and please keep it up -- it's def appreciated...even by those who don't post! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!