Hairline patterns

Guest HLBD

I know that the question of hairline has been discussed in a post by (I believe) notgoing2gobald. It was a great question and I don't want to beat the issue to death, but I was wondering what the opinion was of a certain hairline designed, specifically: I have seen men with the type of hairline - usually those with straight or straight-er hair - where the hair lays mostly flat against the forehead at one temple and either fans out in many directions, or grows fairly perpendicular to the line of the forehead (I know that this description is vague and I cannot find any pictures of this type of hairline, so let me know if you need clarification) while the rest of the hair in the hairline sweeps to the side.

I have seen this hairline occurring naturally and also in some HT reconstructed hairlines. It appears to me to be a very modern and attractive pattern which could grant a greater illusion of density to the hairline for those of us with straight-er hair.

What's your take on this particular hairline pattern, guys? Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks!

Assuming we are thinking of the same hairline, I think it is sound (w/ regard to density) -- and appealing. I'll spend 50 seconds or so trying to find a picture to post, for confirmation purposes.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I've borrowed a picture from domie's post - fantastic result from Dr. Wong, by the way! - to better illustrate what I'm talking about. Now, I believe that domie's result here is exaggerated by great styling, but I see no reason (although I'm not a doc or a tech, so maybe they could weigh in on this) that the tendency for hair to grow this way could not be (slightly) exaggerated by the surgeon for a pleasing and modern-looking result while allowing other styling options in the future.

It would seem to me that this type of hairline could lend to a better illusion of density and be appealing for those with straight hair for a great style, as with domie.

Example_thumb.gif

HLBD, I think you've answered your own questions already about what you really like. If you like it, that's all that matters. I changed my mind on my hairline about ten different times and decided on the right one finally. Be sure to convey what you want exactly to the doctor.

Ah Domie.... Almost as pretty to see as one of NG2GB's pictures of Jessica Alba. He might be my alltime favorite makeover. Incredible transformation.

Yes, I agree with you about this hairline design.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

It just seems that some docs are afraid to do anything in the temple area at all and, as Dr. Rahal puts it on his website, it only takes a few grafts and some creative placement and the look and even the hair line looks both more dense and youthful.