Post-operative stage

I would like to hear some honest opinions on the following topic:

How awkward is the post-operative stage? It seems that the results are great after one year but what happens until then? Is it really odd to walk around with tiny little hairs poking out of your scalp on your hairline? Is there anyway to hide it, or do you just ignore the stares thinking "I know it will get better, oh God I hope it will get better!?!" icon_eek.gif

Well, I would have to say it is a little awkward for a while. It takes a about a month for the newly planted grafts to shed. After that, it begins to look like nothing every happened. In other words, you look like pre-transplant after about a month. Redness can linger a while, but is easily covered by a little makeup. It varies from person to person.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Well, i'd also think that the more towards the front that the work is done, the more obvious it will be. After you take care of the hairline, the stuff further back might not be as obvious.

I am 58 days post-op and noticing shock-loss at this point...also, in these almost 60 days, the stubble of hair has been there almost the entire time.

Being in college helps, as I can wear a hat every day.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

• Administrators

Cal,

Check out this photo journal of a patient progress from day one to over a year later.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Much of it depends on the individual,the amount of hair that you have to cover ,...and the skill of the surgeon.

That was one of my biggest concerns.Ihave 2 weeks off work, so I can stay out of the public eye for the most part, but I am finishing up my Masters Degree and can't really afford to miss any classes.

Last night I was able to attend class, only 5 days post op, and no one demonstrated the least amount of ' looks' that indicated they suspected that I had something done.

I attribute this to the condition that I still have enough coverage to camoflouge AND that I had the procedure performed by an exceptionally talented surgeon, Dr. Cooley.