Dan McGrath in Austin

Justin332

Never heard of him; that said, he looks "OK". That said, "looking" OK is not good enough when dealing w/ a major life decision.

In your consult did he show you extremely clear before, immedate post-op, and after pics? Particularly, cases that closely resemble the one he is recommendin for you?

Finally, irregardless of the answer to those questions, I'd highly recommend conulting w/ at least one more clinic -- be it online or live -- and cross-examine the prognosis you receive. Shop around, so to speak.

Don't rush; do your due diligence; get the great result you want and deserve.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Never heard of him; that said, he looks "OK". That said, "looking" OK is not good enough when dealing w/ a major life decision.

In your consult did he show you extremely clear before, immedate post-op, and after pics? Particularly, cases that closely resemble the one he is recommendin for you?

Finally, irregardless of the answer to those questions, I'd highly recommend conulting w/ at least one more clinic -- be it online or live -- and cross-examine the prognosis you receive. Shop around, so to speak.

Don't rush; do your due diligence; get the great result you want and deserve.

He's given me a few numbers of people... one is the guy who did the news story featured on the webpage. The other is a "friend" of his that had it done last december. He's in Austin and I'm in Dallas so I haven't been down there yet to see any pics other than the ones that are on his webpage. What do you think?

I strongly advise *not* going through w/ any sort of commitment to the procedure until *you* have been given more goods (i.e. information) with which to make the best decision possible.

Part of this falls on the part of the doctor to produce for you (e.g. he shows you pics of the like I mentioned from his office collection, complete w/ accurate information about how many grafts, etc.); the other part is in your control, and that is "shopping around" . Off the top of my head: Feller, SMG, H&W are well versed in online consultations, and should have no problem hooking you up w/ the extremely accurate pictures you should get, and setting you up w/ people to see in the flesh if you so want.

Even a broken clock is right 2x a day; and consistency is the unheralded king of the HT world (IMO). That said, make sure that whoever you go to has a transparent record of consistent results that work for you. It's pretty much impossible to get a sample size that mathematically gives you a near-"perfect" ability to gauge the % of liklihood of your result; but, you can certaintly put yourself in a position to receive among the best possible chance.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!