Im confused!!! Diffuse thinner !!

I'd like to hear from anyone who is a diffuse thinner and has had a successful procedure. From what I hear there is chance that even a successful HT may not be evident due to the risk of losing existing hair.

I know that this is true, but how likley are these possibilities?

I'd like to hear from anyone who is a diffuse thinner and has had a successful procedure. From what I hear there is chance that even a successful HT may not be evident due to the risk of losing existing hair.

I know that this is true, but how likley are these possibilities?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=144106

Pretty exemplary case of a "diffuse thinner" at an extreme where native hair would be at risk. Somewhere in that thread (I'm pretty sure) it was stated that permanent shockloss of hairs was not a concern. I have seen this stated by other clinics, as well.

In the recent SMG case posted, however, Janna seemed to take a more cautious position towards "diffuse thinners".

It is a rather relative phrase, too; the link I posted is a "diffuse thinner", but so am I, though, my diffusion comes at a much more egregious rate, making my risk of ruin much less. That said, I recall asking Dr. Feller about the chances of what native hair I had being shocked to death and the response was reassuring.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Is that link really a diffuse thinner? I was under the impression that a diffuse pattern has thinning sides and also thins around the usual donor area. Or is the link just a less severe case of diffuse thinning? Set me straight.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think you're referencing DUPA/diffuse unpatterned alopecia. This type of loss renders a HT much less optimal; in contrast, the link posted and most if not all "diffuse" HT cases you see are of a diffuse pattern.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!