Is HT right for me? Potential Grafts?

I am coming to the realization that I am going to start having to take my hair loss seriously. I am 23 years old and am already well on the way to losing my hair. I started losing my hair at 18 and have done nothing since to try to alter or stop the hair loss. It has come to the point where it is out of control and I am dealing with extreme self confidence issues. Thankfully I do have a job that allows me to wear a hat which I do every day.

Attached are pictures of my current hair situation. Please feel free to advise me. I am currently seeking a portal to buy generic propecia or proscar however have not done so as of yet.

I am in the process of looking into doctors that may provide the best results for me. One of the closer ones that is "recommended" by the site is Dr Buchwach in KC, however I am unaware of the graft size I would require and do not wish to have a "recommended" doctor try to outstep his bounds. I would definately consider Dr Haber in Ohio, (around where my girlfriend is going to school) if those on the forum thought Dr Buchwach would be a poor choice for the graft size. I do not expect to have the hairline that I had in high school (plus I think girls find a more mature slightly receded hairline sexy at times anyway).

Is HT right for me at 23? I know I need to start getting on some pills, what is a good portal for generic versions so I can at least try them cheaper to discover if the side effects will effect me? How many grafts do you think I will require. Last but not least, if a HT is for me, how long after I start the medication should I be able to have a HT?

Thank you so much for you help icon_smile.gif

Front.jpg.1f09de68c856449b445d4c14ccccc02f.jpg

Here is an additional picture from the front.

If Propecia could bring back some of the hair I have lost just as of recently, I think I could be happy being the way that I am without HT, however the fact of the matter is that I believe that I have just waited too long to "halt" where I would have been happy.

Add_Front.jpg.e63ff36d99a42d9ea84373300d4e696b.jpg

My opinion is that you are on the edge of what would be considered a poor candidate. Given your age and degree of loss, you may progress to a NW7. Much would depend on the quality of your crown hair.

That said, if you get a very mature hairline, you may be ok. It will certainly take 4000 grafts to cover the area that is now bald with the understanding that you will probably need more down the line. Check out H&W. They routinely do large sessions.

Definitely get on the proscar ASAP and do what you can to bolster your crown and vertex. I'd also get some consults (prolly' online) w/ a few really reputable clinics and see what they have to say.

Your hairloss is certaintly vicious, especially for your age -- but, it does seem relatively contained. I'd be shocked if propecia AND minox combined could give you meaingful regrowth in your frontal 1/3rd, but it could absolutely do wonders for your vertex and crown, which is imperative...especially if you decide to go the route of HTs at this age.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!