My HT journey...

kg007

Tried to create a weblog, but it wasn't working for some reason... I'll create one later... For now here are the pictures summarizing my HT journey.... Feel free to leave a comment....

kg007,

Your third HT pattern looks pretty much like mine. I had mine with Dr. Hasson about 3 months ago. I will post my 3 months photos this Saturday.

Wow, you have used 8100 grafts over the course of 3 procedures. Thats awesome number of grafts. I was told that I do not have that many grafts due to lack of laxity. Hopefully, the med will not lose its effectiveness.

Happy healing and growing....

KamCal

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

Very nice, congrats!

Like Kam said, that really is an excellent graft count, I assume your scalp laxity is quite good. Any idea if you have any left in the tank?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing your progress, grow well!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

kg007,

Thanks for sharing your hair transplant journey thus far and your immediately postoperative photos from your third hair transplant with Dr. Wong. The immediately postoperative pictures look great! As I've said before, you already have a great head of hair and this will certainly add to it giving you more hair density.

If you need help creating a hair loss weblog, feel free to private message me with any errors you are receiving. If there is a technical issue, I will forward it to our webmaster so he can resolve the problem promptly.

I look forward to following your progress!

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks guys..

KamCal - Your post-op pictures look great... You have a great density in donor, so if you ever run out lexity you have an option to consider FUE.. there are several docs who perform great FUEs.

My shockloss in donor scar is much worse than yours, maybe becuase it was my 3rd procedure?? I went ahead and got a hair cut to # 4, bad idea...it's very visible... I am hoping it grows back soon..

Thanatopsis - Dr. Wong said I can do one more procedure if I had to... but I am assuming the # of grafs would be much smaller like Bobman... but I think I am done with Strips... I hate those.... in fact I am done with HTs.... Can't believe I had to go thru this at this young age.. but I know I am not the only one...

Bill - Question regarding MSM... I know it speeds up the exisiting hair growth.. but does it make you dependent on it after you stop using it?? I want to use it to speed up natural hair growth so I can hide the scar and the wierd look, but I am worried that if I stop using 3-4 months later, it might have bad effect on my hair growth of the newly transplanted hair.. what's your take on it??

Thanks..

KG007,

MSM can help speed up your natural hair growth but will do nothing to facilitate early hair growth of the transplanted hair.

I have not heard of any adverse effects of stopping MSM nor have I experienced any when I used it after my second and third hair transplants.

I hope this helps.

Bill