is this new?

hello,I've been suggested by a doctor at HDC to follow the strip method a few months ago.Now that I am ready to do the procedure I've been told that another technique called 'DHI no touch technique' should give better results with less irritation,does anyone know about this?

hello,I've been suggested by a doctor at HDC to follow the strip method a few months ago.Now that I am ready to do the procedure I've been told that another technique called 'DHI no touch technique' should give better results with less irritation,does anyone know about this?

Ya, it is a total sham and that whole operation looks to be a dangerous joke that has wrecked plenty of lives with wretched results, and will continue to wreck and wretch more.

I'd run an exhaustive search(es) on DHI and whatever other doctor(s) you are investigating; unless you get back a pretty much sterling report I would abandon that ship ASAP and find a doc that you can trust and be assured of not getting hosed. Maybe you'd get a decent result at DHI, maybe you wouldn't...but why chance it...?

EDIT -- in addition to numerous poor results I have seen documented online, I know of a horrid one personanlly.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'm really upset,I thought this was goin well.So what's the deal?What should I do?Is the strip process the way?

sorry,please give me any feedback that might help...

I dont understand why HDC would tell you to go to DHI for their no touch procedure when HDC do fue and strip themselves.

If this is true who was it at HDC that advised you to go to DHI.

This does not make sense at all as they are competitors.

Very strange

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

sorry,my mistake.I have visited HDC and HDI,the first insisted on the strip method and the second to the no thouch operation,please I want some help,I don't know where to start from.Can I trust the strip method done by HDC?As I realised the no touch method is a scam,correct?

I can only advise on my experience with DHI Greece which was 3 years ago.I had a 1043 fue procedure with them and got very poor results,about 20% growth if i`m lucky.

DHI only do fue/no touch so cant offer strip.

DHI charge per hair as well which is a no no in my book.

HDC do strip and fue,if they are recomending strip i presume you have been quoted 1000 plus grafts by both of them.

I have seen a few HDC results online which look good but if i were you i would cross DHI off and ask HDC for some patients you can possibly meet and evaluate their results in person.

I hope this info is of help to you.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Philippos, where do you live, and how many grafts have you been quoted? Plenty of good docs out there, and almost all are pretty open with their results.

I've only heard of bad DHI experiences, and I know of one personally that was horrific; the "no touch" premise is just a sham in my opinion. I would most definitely steer clear.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Philippos,

There are two standard techniques for hair transplant surgery. One is follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT) / Strip Surgery and the other is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) / Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT).

In my opinion, the "DHI no touch technique" name is deceiving. Ultimately, it is a variation of the follicular unit extraction (FUE) / Body Hair Transplant (BHT technique which by using an extraction tool, the hair transplant surgeon removes hair from anywhere on the body, and transplants them into the recipient incisions made in the balding areas. Despite what the name implies, there IS touching as each hair follicle is removed one at a time and inserted into an incision made by the hair restoration physician in the scalp.

Despite their guarantee that hair will grow or it will be replaced for free, I have found that follicular unit extraction is inconsistent at this time. Additionally body hair transplantation has proven to be even less consistent. It is important for perspective hair transplant patients to be aware that a hair follicle technically can't be "replaced". Once a hair follicle is extracted, it will not grow back. Therefore, the only way that DHI can deliver on their guarantee is if the hair replacement patient has remaining donor hair which is finite.

Hair restoration physician selection is key in ensuring a successful hair transplant.

Therefore, I encourage you to do diligent research on any physician you are considering. Learn also the difference between strip surgery and follicular unit extraction. Both of these are legitimate hair restoration techniques and have benefits, risks, and limitations.

Best wishes,

Bill