rubbing off the scabs

The tech that shampooed my hair the following day of the procedure, instructed me that it would be safe to gently rub my hands over my scabs in a couple of weeks if they bothered me. She said the bulbs in the skin would remain unharmed. Now I regret doing it. I hope to god I didn't mess things up. When I did rub my scalp, the scabs flew out by the dozens. Can anyone shed some light on this? (no pun intended)

thanx

The tech that shampooed my hair the following day of the procedure, instructed me that it would be safe to gently rub my hands over my scabs in a couple of weeks if they bothered me. She said the bulbs in the skin would remain unharmed. Now I regret doing it. I hope to god I didn't mess things up. When I did rub my scalp, the scabs flew out by the dozens. Can anyone shed some light on this? (no pun intended)

thanx

no bmt07 they didnt bleed. The only time they bled was when the lady was shampooing my head the next day of the op. It really started to pour out. So Im guessing now that a graph possibly did pop out or something, that sucks. I think she went alittle too rough on me that morning, but thats okay because the only way I'll return to that place is if Im really really happy with the over all results.

It sounds like you're going through the normal worries. I had one graft come out once after my first procedure and it caused a rushing stream of blood. There was no guessing about what had happened. I stopped bleeding after about 2 minutes of direct pressure and I couldn't even find exactly where it had come from afterward. Also, one graft lost is insignificant - it didn't compromise my results.

It doesn't strike me that you need to worry. The scabs must have been ready to come off if a little rubbing during washing took them off in large numbers. 12 days also seems like plenty of time.

Paul

While I know I didn't want to lose any grafts, my Dr, (Dr Rob Jones) warned me that it's not that unusual to lose a couple. Luckily I don't think I lost any. I waited 4 days to shampoo and was very careful then. If you only lost a couple though it stinks in the end a couple of hairs won't make a difference. Best to you.