scrutinizing new hair growth?

I'm at the 5.5 month stage and can't help scrutinizing my progress and looking for new hairs coming through. I know I shouldn't but I can't help the desperate search for new hairs and have a tough time seeing them. In a paranoid way I wonder to my self, well... that's it I'm done, no more new ones to come... Weeks later it seems like they got through without my notice. Do they pop through almost invisibly thin and then thicken as they grow longer? It just baffles me how I don't see new ones but over time there's a net change... Any theories out there???

Welcome to the forum sposthole,

With both of my HT's I think I was a slow grower and did not start to see growth until the 5th and 6th months,but yes the hairs are usually colorless and probably poked thru the skin a month or so earlier than when I could notice them.They do thicken in hair shaft diameter as mine were alot thicker at 1 year than at 6 months.Be ready for forum members to tell you to be patient 5.5 months is early in the process,Good luck icon_smile.gif

Dr Hasson 2-08

lol @ marco polo. I think keeping your hair buzzed is a good way to avoid excessive obsessions over growth....probably what I am going to do......then, at 6 months, start letting it grow out and let the good times roll.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I posted a timeline on the feelings you experience every month .. At month 5-6 you are generally questioning your decision big time. By about 9 months you might be scheduling another HT.. You are almost there!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!