Scar Question Post Op

I was wondering if the pink area represents the eventual width of the scar?

The pink area where they took the strip is up to 7mm on both sides and seems to be getting wider and obviously there is no hair growing in it.

The scar used to be thinner, but upon removing the staples it seems to have "widened" and has continued to do so. The pink marks left by the staples are about twice as far from each other than when the staples were in. It appears there has been stretching equal to the width of the staples and im less than 2 months.

Im hoping that some hair grows in the pink area. Does anyone know if the pink area represents the eventual scar, or if the scar will be much thinner and the pink area represents general trauma and shock loss?

(Additionally there is a patch almost an inch wide on the left side where the hair has departed.)

I was wondering if the pink area represents the eventual width of the scar?

The pink area where they took the strip is up to 7mm on both sides and seems to be getting wider and obviously there is no hair growing in it.

The scar used to be thinner, but upon removing the staples it seems to have "widened" and has continued to do so. The pink marks left by the staples are about twice as far from each other than when the staples were in. It appears there has been stretching equal to the width of the staples and im less than 2 months.

Im hoping that some hair grows in the pink area. Does anyone know if the pink area represents the eventual scar, or if the scar will be much thinner and the pink area represents general trauma and shock loss?

(Additionally there is a patch almost an inch wide on the left side where the hair has departed.)

The Emperor,

There's lots of post-op pics of donor scars. Go through the blogs, and have a look around. I would also contact your doc, go see him if possible, or send him some pics if he isn't local.

I'm not an expert on donor scars but have you done anything unusual that would have widened the scar, like premature exercising, tilting your head forward excessively to "test" the donor tightness, excessive scratching during the initial healing? Did you wait 10 days until you removed the staples?

The patch of hair missing is likely shock loss. This is considered a normal side effect for some, not always but it happens. There are also pics of donor area shock loss in the blogs. From what I've seen the donor shock is likely to come back.

Rambler

TheEmperor,

The pink area is not necessarily indicative of the width of the final scar. Anytime a wound is healing, a halo of color will surround the wound as blood is rushing to the area to heal it. Most likely, your scar will be much thinner than the entire pink area. Over time, it will fade and the halo will lessen and eventually fade away leaving you with the final scar.

The fact that there is no hair growing through it may be due to shock loss.

Click on the link to my hair restoration journey below and click on my individual photo albums. I do post a number of scar photos in most of my albums that help show this progression.

But because you said that the staples marks are not further apart, this could be indicative of some scar stretching. I recommend talking to your hair restoration physician about this. Please be careful not to put strain on the area while its healing.

Best wishes,

Bill