Follow Up Meeting?

I have my first follow up meeting with my HT doc coming up. I received 2000 grafts 12 months ago. I am considering a 2nd HT because I didn't achieve the density I had expected.

After reading alot of posts on this forum, I am considering changing docs as well.

First of all, what sort of questions should I ask?

If I do decide to change docs, is it ok to ask the current doc to transfer my file to another doc? (I don't want to offend anyone.)

If I go to a 2nd doc, will they be able to tell what existing hairs are transferred to what is my original hair? Wouldn't this be important for a 2nd HT?

Should my file from my first HT have a record of how many grafts were placed and where they were placed?

I have my first follow up meeting with my HT doc coming up. I received 2000 grafts 12 months ago. I am considering a 2nd HT because I didn't achieve the density I had expected.

After reading alot of posts on this forum, I am considering changing docs as well.

First of all, what sort of questions should I ask?

If I do decide to change docs, is it ok to ask the current doc to transfer my file to another doc? (I don't want to offend anyone.)

If I go to a 2nd doc, will they be able to tell what existing hairs are transferred to what is my original hair? Wouldn't this be important for a 2nd HT?

Should my file from my first HT have a record of how many grafts were placed and where they were placed?

Originally posted by mm:

Forget your file, YOU should know that!! I can tell you exactly how many FUs I got and where they are on my scalp. But in any case your new doc will also be able to tell as the texture and the thickness of the transplanted hairs and those of the original ones are fairly different. So he will probably "plant" between the transplanted hairs to increased density. This is why waiting at least 12 months between 2 HTs is important, so that the area between 2 hairs has completely healed and is ready to receive the additional FUs.

As for your medical file, it is YOURS, so if you ask your 1st doc to give it to you he should do so. You don't need to tell him anything about your intentions. If he refuses to give it to you, call your lawyer.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Well, I met with my doctor. Quite frankly it was very disappointing. He could not tell me how grafts were placed in certain areas. He also said he could not distignuish between the new hairs and the pre-existing hairs. He did not seem to be very interested in the follow up. I am going to look for a new doc and have my file transferred.

Hairworthy, thanks for your input.

mm,

It definitely sounds like you are making the right decision. If your previous physician cannot be "bothered" to answer your questions and address your concerns in the follow-up, then there is a pretty good chance that he won't be extremely interested in looking out for your best interest is surgery.

Though I am sure you have already started looking, this map indicates the locations of top-notch physicians across the country.

Good luck.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog