Help please! How to repair an unusual situation of a poor transplant.

Hi, I'm currently 27 years old, had a hair transplant (550 grafts) 4 years back. However, not for alopecia, but because I was born with an unusual hairline (on the temporal regions, it's normal, but in the medial area, it forms a concave upward shape... like I was balding medially but not temporally... around 2-3cm higher at its highest point than what it probably should be to look normal).

So I had a hair transplant, but was uneducated at the time (probably should not have done anything icon_frown.gif). Now my problem is that the area is still pretty thin and noticeable to some, and now after looking at this website, I realize that it's probably too low (around 7 cm). Well, the height looks fine now that I'm younger, but I fear that it'll be a problem when I'm older. Now, the area is still thin and looks unusual (I see people staring at that area icon_frown.gif, so I was thinking about doing something about it. The only problem is, what should I do? (I don't have alopecia and looking at my family, probably won't have alopecia)

And I'm worried about the lowness of that area in the future. Any suggestions? Help! icon_confused.gif Thank you in advance!

[This message was edited by argh on July 11, 2002 at 11:55 PM.]

Hi, I'm currently 27 years old, had a hair transplant (550 grafts) 4 years back. However, not for alopecia, but because I was born with an unusual hairline (on the temporal regions, it's normal, but in the medial area, it forms a concave upward shape... like I was balding medially but not temporally... around 2-3cm higher at its highest point than what it probably should be to look normal).

So I had a hair transplant, but was uneducated at the time (probably should not have done anything icon_frown.gif). Now my problem is that the area is still pretty thin and noticeable to some, and now after looking at this website, I realize that it's probably too low (around 7 cm). Well, the height looks fine now that I'm younger, but I fear that it'll be a problem when I'm older. Now, the area is still thin and looks unusual (I see people staring at that area icon_frown.gif, so I was thinking about doing something about it. The only problem is, what should I do? (I don't have alopecia and looking at my family, probably won't have alopecia)

And I'm worried about the lowness of that area in the future. Any suggestions? Help! icon_confused.gif Thank you in advance!

[This message was edited by argh on July 11, 2002 at 11:55 PM.]

Argh:

While I cannot make a definate recommendation without seeing you in person, I feel you are at a cross road. I would not recommend you do anything until you are fully and throughly conselled on all your options. As I see it, you could sit tight and do nothing, thicken up the area realizing you are committing yourself to a low hairline, or remove the grafts that were placed with laser hair removal. But, most important, do nothing til you understand the consequences of any action.

Dr. Brad Limmer/jal