time of second transplant

I had my second transplant in March and have seen some growth of new hair in the front where single hair grafts were placed but haven't seen much, if any, new hairs behind the front. Was wondering if it takes longer for bigger grafts of 3 or more hairs to grow, and/or could the fact that I had a previous surgery slow down the growing of these grafts. i noticed after my first surgery the bigger grafts in my crown area took much longer to start to grow than the other grafts. So any information on this would be great as it has been 4 and a half months and worry is creeping in. I have read on this site that second transplants can take longer to grow back but I saw results after my first procedure after 3 months. Any info from others, especially doctors would be very assuring and helpful.

I had my second transplant in March and have seen some growth of new hair in the front where single hair grafts were placed but haven't seen much, if any, new hairs behind the front. Was wondering if it takes longer for bigger grafts of 3 or more hairs to grow, and/or could the fact that I had a previous surgery slow down the growing of these grafts. i noticed after my first surgery the bigger grafts in my crown area took much longer to start to grow than the other grafts. So any information on this would be great as it has been 4 and a half months and worry is creeping in. I have read on this site that second transplants can take longer to grow back but I saw results after my first procedure after 3 months. Any info from others, especially doctors would be very assuring and helpful.

It is gererally true that growth from a second procedure does take a little longer than that of the first. I have seen cases were the smaller grafts started to grow sooner than the larger grafts and visa versa. So, assuming that your second surgery was done in the proper manner, it should only a matter of time before new growth occurs from the remaining grafts. Hang in there and stay patient. Good luck!