Are you more attractive post HT?

I'm a married man and the days of picking up at bars are behind me. That said, I'll freely admit that I'm as vain as the next guy / gal and that my vanity was a major reason for deciding to get a HT.

So let's talk about the pink elephant in the room and get some personal opinions on whether you believe your HT has made you more attractive to the opposite sex, or same sex if that's how you swing.

Megatron,

While I can't speak for how women see me, I feel much more confident with hair than without it. I've had a number of compliments on my hair from various women and I believe it makes me more attractive.

But remember that women are attracted to confidence more than they are a man's appearance. So whether or not women like my hair or my higher level of confidence, it's hard to tell.

In my opinion, getting a hair transplant is all about feeling better about yourself. The rest will fall into place naturally :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

I can mirror exactly what Bill said. Although I combined my first hair transplant with a 35 pound reduction in weight and overall better physical fitness, I believe that the hair had a greater impact on my self-esteem and, therefore, my confidence. A couple of people who were not in on my HT registered a change in me that they couldn't put their finger on. I definitely feel more attractive.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I am just 2 months post op so i cannot speak from experience.....yet!!!

However, i know that once my hair line is restored, i will feel more confident, more positive and more jiovial. Without my target reached, i just feel lost at times and do things which just does not reflect what i am

I used to sneak out from my apartment to get someting from my car and hurried back ( i had concealers on everytime i go out ). I felt pathetic man. made me look like a thief.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

But remember that women are attracted to confidence more than they are a man's appearance. So whether or not women like my hair or my higher level of confidence, it's hard to tell.

In my opinion, getting a hair transplant is all about feeling better about yourself. The rest will fall into place naturally :-).

Confucius couldn't have said that better! That is exactly the way I feel and what I believe.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RCWest, yup exactly. If u feel better abt urself, your actions will speak for itself. I know everyone is saying confidence is from within, but at least for my case, once i get past my psychological barrier ( meaning i get some hair back ), i am quite sure i will seem more confident than the past

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi,

I'm still preparing for my HT (and it's way more difficult than I thought to make the right decisions), but I know how people reacted and made compliments about my appearance when I still had my original hair, some nine years ago.

I have gone to NW 2 in the meantime and my appearance has changed dramatically, as I can only put my hair forward and not up as I used to. There has also been a dramatic change in people's reactions towards me.

A as a result, I feel much more insecure and have lost part of my self-confidence especially at a more personal level or when it comes to sexual relationships.

So, I know that all those things will be just as they were before my hair loss started, when I only get a result that comes as close to my original hair and style as possible. And that's why I am not up to anything less, because I certainly don't want to continue feeling uncomfortable with my hair (because of little density) afterwards.

I like Bill's very eloquent statement. I'm a single person not currently in a relationship. I will say that having more hair and liking what I see in the mirror just makes me feel all the more "cool guy" about myself. But I think my other attributes like staying in good shape, being lean, and walking with good posture make the most difference.

1st HT: 3271 Grafts (6167 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 15 Jan 2009: 31cm length strip x 1.75cm width (1's - 835, 2's - 2000, 3's - 412, 4's - 24)

2nd HT: 2631 Grafts (4574 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 10 Aug 2010: 34cm length strip x 1.7cm width (1's - 943, 2's - 1440, 3's - 241, 4's - 7)