Whats the verdict?

Right, first post on here so be gentle.

A bit of history. Im 34, and I have had a high hairline my whole life, which is the same as my dads. He is 71 and still has his hair.

Im pretty sure my hair has receeded further in the last 5 years or so. My hair is very thick, mop like! I have no problems on the crown area, just the MPB hairline that I am unhappy with.

I'd really appreciate anyones help as to what my options would be regarding FUE etc.

Thanks in advance.

5b32cbab12632_photo3.jpg.9335b65dd7f721f1959c1f3ce9716398.jpg

5b32cbab304b4_photo2.jpg.ca338823803aaddef4e15ec7b6ce6b84.jpg

photo.JPG.23b5a0577d9379846c0636f11c7ecc8e.JPG

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

im really pleased you have taken my advice and joined the forum you wont regret it................ its james by the way from uk muscle

if only i knew about this place before i had my 1 st session wich didnt go very well at all, on this forum you will find alot of really usefull info and the most educated people in the game, from patient co ordinators for drs to the drs them selves and not forgetting the moderators......

you wil receive nothing short of the best advice!!!!!!!!!!! and hopefully even a few drs may comment also...

ok so!!!!! if i was you id do this,

1500 grafts via fue not strip for faster healing and no scar mainly targeting the temporal peaks at each side of the hairline to re frame your face, i feel fue where by the dr removes each hair individualy will result in no visiable scarring for you and still enable you to get the result you desire!!!!!!!!! id say 1500 grafts at a density of 45-50 per cm squared......

and for FUE i would like to suggest you chat to SPEX who is a patient co ordinator who is from the uk as i and you are also, and he works for dr feller who is one of the best drs performing FUE surgerys......

having said that he is not the only one so it would be very much worth while to contact a few diff Dr's im sure some of the mods will be able to help with suggestions.........

good luck and above all dont be affraid to travel for the right dr as you cant put a price on quailty...

happy days;):D

Thanks James, appreciate your input through all of this, you're my inspiration!

My recessions have moved very slowly since my teens, Its always been that shape, but has moved a bit in the last 5-10 years.

Anyone elses input would be gratefully received.

:o

Well your hair line looks strong....I would re-think your decision. If it looked thin maybe but it appears strong. I would get on finasteride to prevent further loss and revisit the idea in a few years. If you get an HT I really feel you should be on meds. You do not want to end up with scalp behind your hairline.

I agree with his graft estimate but 1500 fue should prolly be done in 2 sessions or go with a strip.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I concur, 1500-1800 grafts would give you a very nice hairline. I have had both fue and strip with dr. feller and can say both were great experiences. I am going back for another strip in february in fact.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for that guys, yeah it is strong, I dont have any thinning anywhere on my head at all. Like I say, my hairline has always been that shape, but I guess over the last 10 years it has moved back a bit.

Hi Jaywalker,

You appear to be a solid candidate for a HT to restore your hairline area. I am more than happy to help gain the docs opinion for you on whether or not he feels you are eligible for FUE. I would recommend you do however look into making sure your situation is maintain ie via propecia/proscar. Maintaining what we have is key to the overall success. Based on these pics i would say you require approx 1000-1500 grafts especially considering your great hair characteristic. Keep it conservative IMHO as you can always add more if required/wanted.

You appear similar to this patient of Dr Fellers:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/150394-10-months-post-op-1-000-fue-dr-feller-great-neck-ny.html

This patient had 1500n via FUE:

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3557

Would you say this is your goal on the right side?

attachment.php?attachmentid=10969&d=1291363642

Can you send me over possibly some clearer pics to me email: spexhair@hotmail.co.uk

Happy to help gain you info

Best

Spex

Thanks for your help! Yes, I would say the diagram you havent drawn there is what I would like to achieve, I really just want the indents filling in a bit, I dont mind not having a straightish hairline, I just hate the indents I have!

I will try and get some better pictures today.

Really appreciate all this advice, its all very alien to me, all of this. :)

Is this ur goal?

Yes that would be perfect.

That last picture it looks bad to me, that really is the most unflattering one I could take!

Edited by JayWalker

Jay, your hair looks awesome, its only your temples that need some work. I think FUE should suit u just fine ( and yes prob 1000grafts FUE should suffice )

Dr Feller is one of the top notch FUE surgeons, u will be in good hands. All the best!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Jay, your hair looks awesome, its only your temples that need some work. I think FUE should suit u just fine ( and yes prob 1000grafts FUE should suffice )

Dr Feller is one of the top notch FUE surgeons, u will be in good hands. All the best!

Thanks for that, I really have no issues with my hair apart from the temples. My hairdresser says its probably the thickest she cuts!

I had it shaved with I was 17 and people commented on it then that it was receeding, it has always been this shape at the front, but it has moved in the last 10 years or so.

Dr Feller seems excellent, I am interested in having it done a bit closer to home though. I believe Dr Feludini in Beligium is another alternative??

Im just trying to work out costs, is 4 euros per graft right for Ferudini? i see Dr Feller is at $10 per graft.

I dont by any means want this doing on the cheap, but I dont know if I can afford the US option. Need to firm up some prices and speak to a few of the doctors. Great response on here, this really is a very friendly place. :)

You have enviable hair. A lot of guys could easily live with what you already have, although I can understand wanting to fill in the temples and gain back some lost styling options.

On the basis of your photos and history you do appear to be an excellent candidate for a transplant, and I'll echo everyone else in saying that you should probably opt for FUE.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

There really is no reason why you shouldn't go with FUE with all things considered. There's the extra expense, sure, but your procedure will be relatively small anyway.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 1 month later...

Just an update for everyone on this. I have decided that I am definitely going ahead with FUE to sort out my temples, I am so bothered by it, that I have to do something. I appreciate alot of people would be grateful of my hair, and I am, but I really want it fixing as it does bother me alot.

I am still undecided as to which surgeon to use, dont get me wrong, I want a proper job doing, but money is a factor. I'd love to hear peoples opinions on this.

Thanks.

Good luck to you! SMG is doing FUE 6 bucks a graft. Their FUT results are among the best I have seen.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Money can be an issue. My suggestion would be to save enough to have the work done by a top hairline doctor. While there are several doctors that are good at hairline, IMHO, the best at hairlines is Dr. Ron Shapiro.

My advice better go to Rahal, your case is a piece of cake and so easy to deal with that wont ask you for anything above 2000 grafts, maybe only 1000-1500 grafts if necessary. With Rahal u will get $1000 international patient discount from the whole cost. Plus you will be charge a constant rate of $4 with tax. The nice thing is most clinics they charge less than $5 after 2000 grafts. In your case you wont need anything more than 2000 grafts. So in order to be practical, I strongly advice to contact Mr Adrian who is British too I believe to help you with your case.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

My advice better go to Rahal, your case is a piece of cake and so easy to deal with that wont ask you for anything above 2000 grafts, maybe only 1000-1500 grafts if necessary. With Rahal u will get $1000 international patient discount from the whole cost. Plus you will be charge a constant rate of $4 with tax. The nice thing is most clinics they charge less than $5 after 2000 grafts. In your case you wont need anything more than 2000 grafts. So in order to be practical, I strongly advice to contact Mr Adrian who is British too I believe to help you with your case.

I keep coming back to Dr Rahal. That does sound very reasonable.

• 4 months later...

Back from the dead with this post!

Im ready to get something organised now, Dr Rahal is the surgeon I want to go with.

How is the best way of getting a conversation with the Dr? does he post on here?

Thanks.