Shock loss

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sudhir,

Hang in there I feel for you believe me. I had 1000 grafts on top 9 months ago. 2 weeks after surgery I lost EVERY SINGLE HAIR on my head. Was basically bald. Its a horrible thing to have happen. So I know what you are going through. The hair I lost was almost all previously grafted hair. I dont want to scare you because I am sure all your hair will grow back. My hair started to regrow at 4 months. Started not all the way back. I am at 9 months and am probably 70% back to where I was before the surgery which is obviously a huge blow. I will say when this happened I did a TON of research and everyone I talked to got all their hair back and then some. That was not the case for me unfortunately. Keep in mind I went to shit doctor, didnt shave my recipient area and had prp shot so if I made it to 70% back I am sure you will get a ll the way back. Again everyone else i spoke to ended up fine. So hang in there.

Sudhir, Hang in there I feel for you believe me. I had 1000 grafts on top 9 months ago. 2 weeks after surgery I lost EVERY SINGLE HAIR on my head. Was basically bald. Its a horrible thing to have happen. So I know what you are going through. The hair I lost was almost all previously grafted hair. I dont want to scare you because I am sure all your hair will grow back. My hair started to regrow at 4 months. Started not all the way back. I am at 9 months and am probably 70% back to where I was before the surgery which is obviously a huge blow. I will say when this happened I did a TON of research and everyone I talked to got all their hair back and then some. That was not the case for me unfortunately. Keep in mind I went to bad doctor, didnt shave my recipient area and had prp shot so if I made it to 70% back I am sure you will get a ll the way back. Again everyone else i spoke to ended up fine. So hang in there.

jetfan ,

Thank You very much .. I am now little more relaxed after reading your post.

Today i went to my surgeon and he told me that the shock loss will stop in another 1 week should i believe him?

i am already 2 week after my surgery and native hair to recipient is already shedding.. Also the hair all over my head are thinning and shedding....... is the native hair only that will get affected or the complete scalp?

By any chance can i expect shedding(thinning) to stop soon (may be in 1 month) as it was only 800?

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Hi Jetfan/Fueonly ,

Just to give an update on my progress... Today i had my third hair wash with a baby shampoo.

The hair that are falling id gradually decreasing.Lost around 70-80 hair in total which is very less as compared to in my previous wash.

unfortunately they fall native to recipient area.

Will keep you all updated on my progress.

Jetfan , if you can tell me like when you started seeing shock loss to stop.

I am bit confused here , you said "My hair started to regrow at 4 months". but specifically i wanted to ask like when your shock loss stopped. if you started to see regrowth by month 4 then they should have stopped falling after 1 month of HT.

Did they continue to fall for 3 months and then stopped and after that you started seeing regrowth.

i hope you understood my question.

What are the case with other people you talked .

Reading your post , i am pretty sure that they will come back but first they need to be stopped.

I have my marriage late November and i want them to be as before by that time.

Sorry to trouble you again and again.

Edited by sudhir8702

If you wanna see the worst shock loss I've ever seen on forums check my blog it is very detailed from op day to 4 month shock loss regrowth.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi All,

Just coming out of my 4th shower after 17 day post HT and my hair fall count was 23(while head was) and 18( while combing).( 41 in total) which is 30 less than my previous wash.most of them form my native hair near to recipient area.

Nearly nil from my donor area.

Also majority of the hair were thick.

hope this count keeps on decreasing and i will get to where i was ( around 10-15) before HT.

Hate to rain on your parade but your hair count is pointless you will have lost a lot more than that you just don't see them in your foam shampoo, they get washed straight down or they fall out once scalp dry a normal man not suffering with mpb will lose about 80 a day on average and not really notice any.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkerstonker , I have been on propecia for two years and rarely I used to see more than 20 hairs falling in my head wash ... which increased to 150 or more ( in first hair wash) . 100 in 2nd and around 80 in 3rd .

I have not seen such a major hair fall in past two years that too in my native recipient area.

I can bet you , the count has definitely decreased ,and what I stated above is correct count "23(while head was) and 18( while combing).( 41 in total)".

I just want them to be normal as where it was before HT.

can you assure me ,that soon i will see shock loss to stop.

Just got to give it 6 months. Sucks I know. I shed worse than I ever did for 3 months with shockloss.

At 5 6 months I had grown a lot of hair back. Not all of it but 70 percent or so. Get off thesee boards people here are fanatical and don't know anything. If they've had great transplants they think they know everything and if they've been botched they assume the worst for everyone. Shut it down for at least 5 months and see where you are at like I said I did verything wrong and got back to 70 percent my. Friends say 80 so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Another update .. Just wet my hair .. and combed it ... and the count was ... 4 only.

2 from the top and 2 from the recipient area.

I will have my 5th hair wash tomorrow evening at this time .. Will update you all on this.

I am just eagerly waiting to see what happens tomorrow.

Mate seriously stop worrying and relax the more you stress and worry the more your hair is likely to fall out. Just be patient and stop counting hairs the more you watch your hair the longer the time will appear trust me I've had 4 hair transplants. Have you seen my blog? The photos detail shock loss growth very well.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hi , Thanks mate .. I will stop stressing .M counting them just to see the progress.I make sure not even a single hair is missed while i count them.

FYI , i am just coming out of my 5th hair wash after 19th Day Post OP.

count was 42( 35 while washing and 8 while combing).

With this count can anyone assure me that soon , I am going to see them stop.

See my photo below for the area effected by shock loss.

20130919_082705-1.jpg.0cc795835d57a82eb5215e76e1b101f4.jpg

20-30 hairs in the shower + combing is not shockloss. That seems like normal daily telogen hair loss. I think you might be obsessing about it too much. Try not to stress yourself out.

As a comparison, two weeks after my FUE procedure, I was losing clumps and clumps of hair in the shower. The trauma to my scalp was probably too much for it to handle and so I lost upwards of 600-700 hairs a day for what seemed like weeks. It was incredibly traumatic to witness my hair loss accelerating at a ridiculous pace. I totally questioned the transplant, my surgeon, whether too much anesthetic was used, and started to panic. I looked MORE bald then pre-transplant. I had a really rough ugly duckling period. By 6 months, I was definitely looking better and I would like to think that most of the native hair that was lost has grown back.

hi quidproquo82,

If it's a talogen hair fall , tehn why only fromnative area?

yes , I do agree that 20-30 hair falinga day may not be shcokloss.

But if you read my earlier post , what I am gradually seeing a decrease in my hair fall.

it decreased from 150 to 50 , in two three weeks,and most of then were near the recepient area.

Can i expect them to stop falling by next one or two weeks.

Please see my image attached ad you will agree ,it's a shockloss.

hi ,,

today i had my 6th hair wash after 21 day post HT and i am very happy to say that ... i lost only around 15-20 hairs.

I know its too early to say that my shock loss has stopped ....but definitely it's making me feel very good.

I have read so many post that suggest minimum 3 month are required for shock loss to stop,

Hopefully it has stopped for me in 3 weeks.But i can only be sure if i do not see any further hair loss.

Thank u all , for your support.

I will keep updating this post

Hi ,

Just a update to all shock loss sufferers ,

I had my 7th Hair wash today And i am glad to say that my shock loss seems to have stopped.Lost about 23 hairs while hair wash and 11 while combing.

I am into the 4th week after HT.I am coming closer to where i was before HT i.e. 15-20 hair fall.

Also , i am seeing shedding of the transplanted hair now.

My hair have thinned , but i am expecting all will be well by next 3-4 weeks.

Will update you on my progress.