Shock loss

Though it seems that my shock loss has stopped. But I lost lot of hair.It was terrible phase.

Here are few advice to all who are willing to go for such surgery.

1.Choose a good surgeon.

2. Shave your head.

3. Go for minor sessions ,around 500.

4. Be on propecia before and after the surgery.

if you follow the above rule , the possibility of shock loss is reduced.

Hope I get my lost hair soon... may be in 2 months from now.

Now it's the waiting game.

I will update the forum after a month .. to tell you my progress.

Best of luck.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better advice is only go for a Ht if you are mentally stable!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Glad you're back together now pal.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

It sure sounds like shock loss to me. Many patients experience the worst of it 3-6 weeks post-op.

It should settle down soon. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Attaching my pic ..

I into the 5th week .. and hair is falling all over the head. ... When i pull them 2-3 hair comes out.

I have stopped counting how much I loss during hair wash and combing . but its surely more than 150.This never happened to me in the past two years being on finpecia.

I thought it would just fall from my native area but its effecting every where.Hiar has become thin too.

please see my pic and advice.

20131002_111249-1.jpg.63360833e9aedb8d9318b2b0934289f9.jpg

20131002_111249-1-1.jpg.e24a600a8fa31eaafbada6d4d8f97f5e.jpg

20131002_112640-1.jpg.c8dafb6f4f6f879a52868b289afce649.jpg

Seen your pic and advice is same do nothing and stop worrying stop thinking about it and time will pass faster.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , This is an update to all who is following up this thread.

From Past two weeks, i haven't seen any major hair fall.I am in my 7th week.

Hair falll is not much noticeable as it was till the 5th Week.

I will continue updating this thread , till i see the final result.

Still i haven't seen any growth from transplanted hair , but I am not bothered about them at this point.

Glad to hear the update and good news.

You should start seeing the regrowth in another 4-6 weeks.

The best is yet to come...;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

gillenator,

can i ask you a off track question here ,

i have been on propecia for 2 years and 2 months.i see frequent shedding with it.I do not see hair fall for 2 months and again the third month i see a shedding. This process keeps on repeating.

Is this something you can answer?

Every now and then I hear about this type of shedding. How old are you and did you ever experience shedding before starting Propecia?

Are you taking the medication as prescribed including the dosage? What I have observed at times are guys that take their Propecia infrequently. They will take it for awhile and then stop because they think or they are truly sensing some side effects. So some of them stop it and resume it again later. Or when some view it as an elective choice, they do not take it daily because it is not mandated. Taking anything else or are you using any topical meds like minoxidil.

But if you are taking it as prescribed, then seek the advice and direction of your doctor. Your shedding may or may not be the result of taking low dose finasteride. Help from your doctor can help to identify what is going on.

I have also observed guys respond to low dose finasteride with shedding from the initial use. But eventually it subsides with continued use. A few have stopped using it altogether because the shedding goes on.

Hope some of my observations have been helpful to you because I cannot offer you any medical advice my friend as I am not a doctor. But again, seeking the advice of a experienced physician would be of the best suggestion to you and hope this shedding resolves for you.

Gillenator

I am 27.5 years of age.I started loosing hair around aug 2005 i.e. 8 years back ,

Since i have a family history of hair loss( by both elder brother went bald in their late 20's) and i got concerned.

In a hope , that some day , i will find a good hair loss(MPB) treatment ,I used to shave my hair every 6 months , i continued to do this till Aug 2011. 28th Aug 2011 .I shaved my head for the last time.

I started to research and came to know about minox and finasteride.

One of my brother was on finasteride and there was an improvement in is hair , so on his advice

I started both first minox and then finasteride. My hair contiuned to shed for another 1 year since starting the treatment.

In Dec 2012 or may be early Jan 2013 .i.e i started to notice that my hair fall has decreased , it never stopped but it was less.Not that much which will cause me to panic.

In between , I used to shed comparatively more hair then other time , but overall it was not so bad , that should cause any concern(as it is now).My Shedding has never stopped but reduced, some time more and sometimes less(periodically).

I have never ever missed a single dose nor my drugs are fake.Also felt some side effect earlier , but now it has disappeared.

Late Aug 2013 , I decided to go for HT that too only for 800 Grafs, just to give my hair line a good natural shape.( I used to have good hair before my HT ,may be NW2 I was)

I didn't knew what shock loss is and no body even told me about that , not my Doctor too.

Things changed after that , I was back to where i was 2 years ago ,started to loose hair not only the native transplanted regeion but all over my head.

Did not shave my head , Felt pain towards the end of procedure and the doctor gave me more and more of injections(LA).

At this point , i am confused.

1. Is this still the shockoss that's continuing causing the hair to fall?but why on the top too ?My native region is already effected

When I wash my hair some day , I see only 10-20 hair and start to believe that shock loss has stopped and other day 70-80, which again raises an alarm.

2. People in this forum comment , it can last for even upto 4 months , but is that possible with only 800 grafts.

3. I doubt , Whether my finasteride treatment has stopped working which worked well before HT.

4. Or this is seasonal shed , as this is autum season here.

I dont remember when the last time i saw such a massive shed.

I asked about periodic shedding to my brother and he says , that he too experience it for a month and things will become normal.

May be I am obsessing it about too much , but the truth is I was never in this situation in last two years.

Can't shave my head too either.

Apologies , if i made it long post.

Based on your last post, that was very helpful information. I had a notion that you had advanced classes of hair loss within your family history. And as you stated, even your brother has experienced periods of shedding.

As complex as things may appear, I am more of an opinion that the continual shedding is more related to the progression of MPB than anything else. At times the scalp does go through seasonal shedding but there are also periods of time when the shedding is a response to the level of DHT in the scalp.

Add to that the hair loss meds and trauma from the procedure and your scalp may still be recovering from the changes.

As things settle down, you may still experience periods of heavier shedding that is more related to the progression of your genetic time clock.

Everyone responds differently to the trauma and meds and that is where it gets complex because there is really no way of pin pointing the source when it can certainly be a combination of these forces.

This is where an experienced reputable doctor can be of the most help who can potentially advise you on what would be the best course to take from here.

Gillenator