Just had hair transplant with Dr. Glenn Charles in Boca...VERY RECOMMENDED!

soporty740

Hello, all. I just had a a hair transplant surgery performed by Dr. Glenn Charles this week. I am a early 30's male with Norwood hair loss 4A (at least I think so, I am new to this hair loss talk).

I had heard lots of good things about Dr. Charles on this site, which led me to cancel a scheduled procedure with another "not so reputable" local doctor.

My initial consultation was very professional and, encouraging, as opposed to how I felt at the previous consult with the other doctor. He is also very realistic and would rather tell you the truth, instead of telling you what you want to hear.

I have to say that the procedure from begining to end could not have gone any smoother. I was pretty terrified when I first sat in that chair, but to my surprise felt NO PAIN at all. The only time I felt anything was when my head was numbed in the front and back with the needles. The staff was very nice and professional. They also were not uptight or cold as some medical professionals are, which helps you relax. I actually almost dozed off at one point!

The only discomfort I have felt is when laying on the back of my head when its time for bed. I am a VERY light sleeper and this has kept me up the last 2 nights. The Vicodin helps though icon_smile.gif

Well, anyway, this has been my experience sofar, I am only 2 days out though. I will try to get my pictures from the Dr. and post them asap...M

Soporty, it's very natural to feel discomfort when you're trying to lie on the back of your head. The discomfort will linger for a few days, but it gets better over time. If I remember correctly, things got much better by the third week. I am almost 2 months post HT and I don't feel a thing when I am sleeping now.