Good canditate for a HT??

I have been losing my hair for about since I was 21, I am now 26, and have thinning and receding. My brother lost his hair at about 20 and everybody is bald in my family but my brother and I seem to going bald the earliest. I have been on propecia for about 2 years, and it seems to work on the scalp area, but not around the hairline. I am seriously considering a hair transplant, I have been obsessed with my hair since I started thinning and it effects my day. I have started using concealers, which work very well, but I would still rather have my own hair and not have to worry about sweating or the wind or looking at my reflection 100x a day. I have heard many horror stories about HT, so I am a bit worried, but if I am a good canditate I would definetly do it if not I will use concealers until I am fed up with it, than probably just shave my head. Please let me have some opinions. I play professional basketball overseas so I am always being watched and sweating does not help my situation. Any feedback is good feedback. I have seen HT surgeons and they have said they could help, but they are also trying to make money, so who knows. Thanks

5b32ceed34a1a_Photoon2011-08-01at13_07.jpg.1159ca37d4ea30b2aed94d228ce11724.jpg

5b32ceed49ffe_Photoon2011-08-01at13_072.jpg.0bcf547b89f3fc27c10f3dd905874717.jpg

You appear to be a good candidate for the procedure, and it's great that you are using Propecia definitely continue using it. You should consult with a recommended physician form this site to plan out the procedure and see what you can expect. You may require more than one treatment to fill in further hair loss you may experience as you age, but with the propecia that amount should be drastically lower. Since you play basketball professionally you should know that you cannot exercise for at least 2 weeks after surgery as you can damage the grafts as well as stretch the scar from the FUT procedure. I also noticed you that you keep your hair very short, so you may want to consider growing it out or doing the FUE, which does not leave noticeable scarring as the FUT strip does. The next move is to meet with a recommended physician in person to see what you can do, but again you seem like a good candidate. Good luck

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The recipient area will be red and scabby for the first 8 days or so where you will begin to brush off the scabs. After that it's a little pink which can last a few weeks, but it's not very noticeable. Most people go back to their normal routine after 2 weeks.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians