Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone can please give me the regimen that you are currently on. Such as do you use Propecia a day, Nioxin and Nizoral shampoos 5 days and 2 days a week respectively. Rogaine once a day? Or any other routine that you use? I am just wondering because I would like to build up a good routine also to maintain hair.

Billydett,

Currently I take generic finasteride on a MWF schedule. I use Rogaine Foam in the morning and generic Kirkland liquid minoxidil in the evening.

In addition, I shampoo with Nizoral on Monday and Thursday.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the reply,

Which shampoo do you use the other days that you don't use Nizoral? Do you use the Rogaine Foam and Minoxidil at night, in that area on the back of your head or do you use it all over? When I have used Rogaine or generic minoxidil in the past, it resulted in my hair getting thinner when I used it in the front of the scalp instead of the back part of the scalp that is recommended on the bottle.

Billy

Billydett,

I apply minoxidil to my entire head simply because the generic is cheap enough and I figure it can't hurty and there's a slight chance it could do some good. However, just about my entire frontal third is transplants anyway so they are theoretically permanent and not dependent upon medical hair loss treatments.

I use a variety of unremarkable, grocery store shampoos. I typically have a thickening shampoo on hand like Vive For Men. For the past few months I've been using Aveda Pure Abundance but I'm not sufficiently impressed by it to fork out the premium price a second time.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website