Dr Rahal Patient - 3418 Grafts - 8 Months

This patient is 30 years old and he came to Dr Rahal to have his frontal zones restored.

The total area covered was 93 square cm.

Total follicular units: 3418 FUT

926 single hairs

1953 double hairs

539 triple hairs

He came in and had pictures taken 8 months after surgery.

pre01.jpg

pre02.jpg

aft01.jpg

aft02.jpg

aft03.jpg

aft04.jpg

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

As I've said before, Dr. Rahal does no wrong. But I wish he were in the U.S.! LOL!

This is excellent coverage. Just off the top of my head using the 100 grafts per cm2 average, this is a touch over 1/3 returned density, averaging the complete grafted area. Granted the patient has fairly coarse, curly hair, this still goes to show that a successful hair transplant with the right graft placement can produce excellent results.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Outstanding! From a desert to a forest. The density if crazy for 8 months Only. I think the patient's thick curly hair played a great role in it. Hairline is everything when it comes to appearance.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Was wondering when the next Rahal result was going to be posted :) This one hits the ball out of the park again, simply amazing!

Great result, wavy/curly always maximises the coverage.

Does he have any plans to have the back done?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I agree with everyone it looks great he has hair very similar to mine which is a little frizzy and curly I generally don't grow my sides out as it gives a mad professor look but having seen this I may try mine scruffy and long it looks quite good.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Outstanding! From a desert to a forest. The density if crazy for 8 months Only. I think the patient's thick curly hair played a great role in it. Hairline is everything when it comes to appearance.

I like the metaphor!

Indeed for the area covered that basically had no hair and the small amount of grafts used, this result is spectacular. I have seen results where more grafts were used and it did not look as good as this.

Thanks Matt, a very good result. Correct me if I am wrong, but dividing the grafts by zone coverd equals 37 grafts per cm2 on average? If so, what was the placement strategy in those drawn out zones? Was the amount of grafts determined by the Dr. or the patient (due to budget or whatever)? Thanks, and again, excellent result. Cheers.

Davis91 - Good point. I am thinking the 93 sq cm was a typo but Matt will need to comment. It is simply not Rahal like to plant at 37 Per sq cm as an overall average; especially in a case where only the frontal is needed. When I first saw that 93 sq cm was covered, I was a bit shocked. I got about 110 sq cm covered with 5229 with Rahal and mine went all the way back to the beginning of crown and down the back sides a bit.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Can't Decide,

Thanks for making the same observation. So it seems like you had 10 more grafts per cm2 in your case than this guy had? It may not be a typo if the patient is anticipating needed extensive overall coverage. Dr. Shapiro's representative told me once the general rule of a conservative approach is 40 in the frontal third, 30 behind that and 20 in the crown for light coverage. I suspect Dr. Rahal, if this was the case, would pack more in some of those drawn zones than others, which is what I am curious about--are we reading this right and what is the placement strategy?

I don't think it's a typo. I may be wrong but in the photo that shows the pen marking out the transplanted area you can see a portion of the area to be transplanted right at the back already has a relatively good amount of native hair. This might mean that the hairline could take the majority of grafts and that could gradually be reduced as the native hair starts to enter the picture. The net result may be that a good 10-20cm2 of that 93cm saw only a smattering of grafts.

I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me. Plus this guy's characteristics means he can get a lot of coverage with relatively minimal density and still have it look great. Looks like it may be something like mid-40g/cm2 in the hairline with a gradual phased reduction of that density into the native area. Just proves how much artistry and design come into the planning of a good HT!

Great result! Really nice.

I've queried this with Dr Rahal as I knew it wasn't a typo.

He says that the art of hair transplantation is like the art of war. Dr Rahal is placing hair in higher amounts and density where its is empty and less in areas of good residual native hair; thus giving the appearance of uniform fullness and that illusion of density. This patient's wavy hair also adds to that illusion.

I like that.. HT is like the art of war. Our grafts like soldiers and HT surgeon is the leader. If he didn't use enough numbers of his soldier, victory (satisfaction) wont be reached and if he over used them without any plans then nobody will be left for the second battlefield. Thats why I really get nervous when I hear Mega session sometimes lol...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]