Is it normal for the hair to fall out when washing?

I had my hair transplant on April 25th. I was washing my hair today with the pads of my fingers like i was told, and i just happen to look at my fingers cause i could feel the crust coming off, and i noticed one of the crust had two beard like hairs in them that im assuming was the transplanted hairs. I know they said its normal for the hairs to fall out on their own, but what about when im washing my hair? I just hope i didn't pull it out.

I had my hair transplant on April 25th. I was washing my hair today with the pads of my fingers like i was told, and i just happen to look at my fingers cause i could feel the crust coming off, and i noticed one of the crust had two beard like hairs in them that im assuming was the transplanted hairs. I know they said its normal for the hairs to fall out on their own, but what about when im washing my hair? I just hope i didn't pull it out.

Hey Mate!

Usually, hair sheds from weeks 1 - 3. There are some rare instances where some folks don't experience as much shedding. I had a friend who came to our offices for HT. We were doing a seminar up north six weeks later, not only did he not have shedding but he looked 9 months post op. Some folks have this rare occurrence. Lack of shedding is purely an individual response that is not unique but not very common. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I pulled a graft out and believe me you know about it's like a blood bath I posted a picture in the questions and answers thread I think the thread is called have I pulled a graft out.

What I will say and is just a theory of mine that I tested during 2 operations is don't force the scabs when washing or ever just go easy with them for the first 2 weeks as I just did in my last operation that has given me the fastest regrowth I've ever seen on here it may be a coincidence but the longer I kept those hairs in the better my experience so far has been when compared to the ht I had before where I removed all my scabs from day 5 while washing that was not pleasent for shockloss and regrowth times. Its normal for your hairs to drop out while washing but what im saying is try your best to keep them in some will come out attached to scabs thats normal too. Check my blog in the link below.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk