Post HT Paranoia

Spanker

So I am pretty much assuming this is common, so I though it was worth taking about.

I have been paranoid post ht. For instance, touching the recipient stubble a few days out and feeling a little pain, then my thoughts are, "Dang, since I felt pain I probably disrupted tiny capillaries forming and compromised my blood flow to my developing follicle." (I actually think in a more R-rated version, but you get what I am saying).

Then in the last 2 days I probably had about 20 hairs come out while basically brushing the dandruff out with a flat hand (micro scabs, they really look like grains of sand).

You get busy at work, don't bay attention and reach up and just scratch your head. (I need mittens like they put on babies.) Causing more flaking.

I am basically going to assume that if there is no bleeding than I am fine, but I just hate the paranoia phase. Yesterday was the first day I slept on my side some (Day 8) and I still had reservation.

I guess you can't be too careful, but I don't like stressing all of the time either.

O.K., rant over.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You get busy at work, don't bay attention and reach up and just scratch your head.

(I need mittens like they put on babies.) Causing more flaking

Spanker....how bad is the itching? Is there anything to do about it? I asked my clinic about post-op itching during my recent pre-op instructions and they said they "don't want me to apply anything to the scalp except shampoo until the scabs are gone". How long does it usually take for scabs to be gone? Are scabs usually gone when sutures/staples are removed around the two week mark?

ps: thanks for sharing your post-op fears/anxieties.

I will be there soon and it will help me when I go through the same recovery process.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Mine pretty much all came off yesterday. It took some light removal but like I said, it was more like dandruff. The itching is gone now as well, but I find myself always "feeling" the donor and the recipient.

I have not put anything on except rogaine starting yesterday (besides shampoo).

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yep, post transplant paranoia is the norm. Try to relax. You're going to be a happy and hairy man in no time.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I was so anxious the first two weeks. It was the worst sleep of my life for two weeks. Dont wanna lay on the recipient area, don't wanna lay on the donor area, don't wanna wash to hard, dont wanna wash to easy!!!! You get the point...I would say yes, as long as there is no bleeding then you are fine. For me, at about three weeks I shed all my grafts and lots of native hair. I was way balder than I was going in. Now it has all come back plus!!!! Hang in there Spanker. You are an easy home run for someone like Dr Konior!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website