Any recommended surgeons for 4000 FUT?

From the input I've received here, as well as my online research, it looks like I would need 4000+ FUT grafts, provided that I am a good candidate for that procedure. I'm going to narrow my search to surgeons who can do 4000 FUT in one sitting, or on 2 consecutive days...if that's possible.

I see that Hasson & Wong does 4000 FUT in one session for 16k. Right now, they are at the top of my list. Thanks MPBsucks4545 for the suggestion.

I found a Dr. Robert Jones in Canada who did 7600 FUT grafts for $16,000. It didn't take much research on this board to see that his work and reputation are questionable.

Can anyone else provide me with surgeons who do FUT 3500-4000 grafts in one sitting that you feel does quality work and has a good reputation?

I know not all doctors who perform hair transplants do sessions of this size, and I'm also learning that there are docs out there that perform mega-sessions who are to be avoided at all cost....so much research!

So many thanks for any help. I'm gonna keep on lookin' and learnin'.

~Rich

There are several very highly respected and recommended doctors who perform mega or giga sessions. You are doing the right thing by doing your due diligence. This a big dicision with permanant results. Do not make any quick decisions and make sure your expectations are realistic. I have been to the Hasson and Wong clinic in Vancouver and must say they do some very impressive cases. Real nice guys too.

I see that Hasson & Wong does 4000 FUT in one session for 16k. Right now, they are at the top of my list.

zaxter.....I had surgery at Hasson/Wong this past August 14th and was very pleased with the entire experience. In one session Dr. Wong placed 4352 grafts. One of the reasons I chose Hasson/Wong was their eagerness and experience in performing large sessions in one day. Hasson/Wong has a deep staff of very talented technicians that allow them to perform these large sessions that some clinics don't do on such a regular basis. Personally I think Dr. Wong is not only a great surgeon, but I think he delivers some of the very best crown results. For large one day sessions with outstanding results my list would be Hasson/Wong, Dr. Rahal, and Dr. Feller.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I will echo what Shampoo said...I would certainly look at Rahal...he did mine 4800 plus grafts, 10,000 hairs in one LONG surgery...worth every penny....will do my next one if ever needed...I wouldnt go to anyone else, but Im biased!! There are several on here and we all have our favorites but you are doing the right thing researching...you cant go wrong with any on the mega session doctors on here!

Might wanna look at Arocha as well...super nice guy!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thank you Dr. Charles, Shampoo, and Newhairplease for your encouragement and suggestions. I see that Dr. Lindsey also does larger FUT sessions. We had some brief contact today, and he said he did a nearly identical case to mine a few days ago. He might be the first in-person consult doctor I see since I can take a road trip to his facility. More importantly though, he's highly regarded and I like the results I see in the before and after pics. I'm still gonna check out Dr. Rahal and Dr. Feller. Thanks again.

I see that Dr. Lindsey also does larger FUT sessions. We had some brief contact today, and he said he did a nearly identical case to

Dr. Lindsey is a regular poster on here, seems to be a great doctor, and is associated with Dr. Feller. Keep us updated on your journey.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

If I were doing 4k or more, and covering a lot of area, Hasson and Wong way up there on ,y list. I like Dr. Rahal too.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker. Yes, Dr. Rahal and H&W seem to be coming up more than any other docs with regards to quality mega-sessions. I'm waiting to hear back from Rahal's representative with regards to cost/discounts, travel reimbursement, and Canadian taxes. H&W said they will respond to my online consult in a few days. The list so far is Feller, Lindsey, H&W, and Rahal.