Questions

Hello, I've searched all over the internet and I'm starting to lose hope that I'll ever find anybody who shares my problem. When I was young, maybe a year before I got into high school, I developed a cyst that had to be cut out from the back of my head. Unfortunately this left a bad scar that I could only hide by growing my hair out long, which, felt ridiculous for me because I personally always had my hair cut short and I looked like a mop with long hair. Anyway, once I got into college I decided enough was enough and cut my hair allowing the whole world to see my scar. At first it was nothing, I ignored the comments because usually people got used to it after seeing it for so long and stopped asking. But in truth I felt ashamed of my scar and began to increasingly wear hats to cover it up. That's when a friend introduced me to hair transplant surgery.

On the 8th of this month I went to Bosley in New York City and had surgery with Anthony P. DiBiase, who everybody I've asked at Bosley says has been in the field for a long time which I believe. Anyway, before anybody rants about how bad Bosley is I chose it because it's all I could afford and didn't know about its apparently bad reputation until after the fact. I did a strip, my donor scar stitches/sutures were removed on the 15th. I want to point out I went on the 15th for a late shampooing because of the considerable build up of scabs and crust due to me hesitating to wash the area after the surgery and risk losing hair transplants. That's when my doctor, DiBiase, came in and decided to remove the sutures/stitches from my donor area, I knew by then it was really early but nevertheless didn't question my doctor.

The back of my head (as of the 20th), the graph area, is still covered in scabs and crust. My question is what should I do? Should I begin trying to remove the scabs now or let them fall off naturally? It normal to not see any hair shafts left from the transplant so early? In other words is it normal for them to have fallen out so early? Furthermore does anybody know the reputation of Bosley's New York Surgical Office and is Doctor DiBiase reputable? The people he had sticking my graphs into my head from the donor area appeared to be REALLY young, maybe even as young as myself and I'm only 21. Please, I need some answers to give me peace of mind. Right now I'm wracking my head over the possibility that the transplant is going to end up being botched, leaving me with a mess on the back of my head, and an additional scar on the side of my head.

Sorry, I don't, but I can tell you that the graph area is currently packed with scabs/crust while the donor area resembles a cut according to people I've asked. It's difficult to spot but that could only be because I let my hair grow out a lot before the procedure because they said it'd be easier for them that way.