Backstreet Boy's AJ Mclean Undergoes Hair Transplant

PP2

Saw this on the news today: Backstreet Boy’s Shocking Hair Transplant Photos - ABC News

No word on who was the doctor, what method or number of grafts. The 'After' pictures don't show much detail but seems pretty natural. Thoughts anyone?

My Hair Loss Blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2920

1st Hair Transplant: FUT/Strip, Dr. John Diep. 07/14/2014.

# of grafts: 3577

1's: 897

2's: 2016

3's: 451

4's: 213

Saw this on the news today: Backstreet Boy’s Shocking Hair Transplant Photos - ABC News

No word on who was the doctor, what method or number of grafts. The 'After' pictures don't show much detail but seems pretty natural. Thoughts anyone?

He has the option to do differentt hairstyles now. The mentioning hairtranplants on TV will hopefully start making ht's less taboo.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Very cool! I think the post-operative results look good.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

His right side seems obvious to me but I can also see the line on the left side (first pic). Judging by how fresh the recipient looks I'm sure this is where the donor was shaved or maybe it could be donor shock.

ajhair.jpg?i=1693223705

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Kudos to AJ McLlean for being forthcoming about his hair transplant. Hopefully this will help more balding men and women see that wanting to restore your hair and self image (through hair transplantation or other means) is nothing to be ashamed of.

Unfortunately, I agree that the strip was harvested far too low. The primary problem with taking lower strips is the additional risks of stretching. It also makes subsequent procedures more difficult. But ultimately, as long as AJ is happy with his results, I'm happy for him.

Best wishes,

Bill

Nice catch, Joe. I didn't see how low the strip was taken before. Far below the occipital notch. Regardless, I hope he's happy, and I do think the post-operative results show a significant change.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Another issue with the strip taken so low is that if AJ ever has issues with retrograde alopecia this is one of the places that it develops so potentially his transplanted hair can thin. As it stands, I see no evidence of RA so hopefully he'll be fine.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians