A question for the community

Taco,

I think it's hard to give a percentage. It's going to depend on the nature of the scar tissue. If the scar contains a large amount of thick, raised, avascular tissue, then it's unlikely that the grafts will hold. However, if the scar is thinner and possess a decent blood supply, the grafts are more likely to take. I think the best way to answer this question is to undergo a consultation with an FUE expert and have your scar evaluated.

Sorry for the vague answer. Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I really wish I could tell you... It is the main reason I'm holding off my procedure... As I do not know what to do about mine. I do not recommend FUT if the scar stretching is a concern for you or anyone. No surgeon can guarantee that a FUT scar won't stretch and no surgeon can guarantee FUE grafts into the scar will grow so you have two factors to contend with.

I have seen a handful of cases where patients of FUE have complained about what it did to their donor but they are a drop in the bucket compared to the myriad of upset FUT patients who did not receive anything resembling the thin scar they scar on the surgeon's website, brochure, presentation etc. Just my opinion.

I really wish I could tell you... It is the main reason I'm holding off my procedure... As I do not know what to do about mine. I do not recommend FUT if the scar stretching is a concern for you or anyone. No surgeon can guarantee that a FUT scar won't stretch and no surgeon can guarantee FUE grafts into the scar will grow so you have two factors to contend with.

I have seen a handful of cases where patients of FUE have complained about what it did to their donor but they are a drop in the bucket compared to the myriad of upset FUT patients who did not receive anything resembling the thin scar they scar on the surgeon's website, brochure, presentation etc. Just my opinion.

Man somehow you manage to turn every thread into a debate over FUT vs FUE

Man somehow you manage to turn every thread into a debate over FUT vs FUE

I take it you do not know of or cannot understand tacolinowest's concern with a FUT scar? What I said is a mere statement of fact, not designed to entail any debate. Make aware of certain factors? Yes. Debate? No. He has not yet had any surgery and is quite concerned with the FUT scar being visible through his donor hair. You will see I even input my opinion on the success(or lack of) of FUE grafts into FUT scars. You just seemed content with making an observation on me. I wonder which is more off topic and detrimental to the subject itself.

Is this thread not about countering a FUT scar with FUE grafts? I take it you do not know or cannot understand tacolinowest's concern with an FUT scar? You consider it off topic to state that I have seen more patients complain about FUT scars then FUE scars? Either it is on topic or off topic. Which is it? He has not yet had any surgery and is concerned with the FUT scar being visible through his donor hair.

It doesn't matter what thread it is every single post from you is an attempt to spark a FUT vs FUE debate

It doesn't matter what thread it is every single post from you is an attempt to spark a FUT vs FUE debate

Tell the moderators about your concerns about me. I have yet not received one complaint from them in regards to that. Or PM me in private, I'm quite approachable and will definitely be open to consideration. I won't be talking about this with you in this thread as it will detract from it. Good day.