Donor Scar Shock Loss 4 1/2 months

Hello, it has been awhile since I last posted but since then I've been experiencing a lot of changes with my hair transplant. The recipient (into scar tissue) is growing nicely, although I feel I'm certainly going to need a second pass as was mentioned by my surgeon. That isn't my concern anymore, my concern now is rather the donor scar I received from the procedure. Prior to opting for a HT, without any knowledge, I was convinced by a rep that the scar would be very hard to notice and that I'd be able to continue wearing my hair close to what I generally do (a #3 buzz rather than my once typical #2 buzz on the sides). As time progressed I did get a lot of shock loss around the scar but my fears were quickly addressed by helping posters on this forum who said things would get better in 3 - 4 months. My scar itself is very thin, well, thin from when last I could see because it now completely matches the skin. My donor area has recovered some hair but as of now (4 1/2 months) I still have a lot of hair missing. One side is basically covered while the other half still has a lot of thinning around it, even tiny bald spots, which makes it difficult to hide with short hair. it is worst at the edges of the scar. The right side of the scar has a line of thinning hair running directly up from the scar while the left side has a bald spot above and below it. There is some growth on these spots but barely anything.

Here are my questions:

1. Will it continue to improve or is 5 months the point of no return?

2. Should I apply rogaine? I ask because my procedure was to fix a childhood scar, not for hair loss, but I read a lot of posters who suggest using rogaine. Does using it SPEED up healing or does the hair never come back without it? This is perhaps my most important question.

3. Have any other suggestions that could help?

I feel like if I get 100% regrowth I might be able to do a #3 buzz, that's at least what my barber said. So, I'm really, REALLY, hoping it fills out. Thanks.

4.5 months is getting toward the tail end of when shockloss should return. Do you have pictures or have you posted pictures in another thread?