Post op care

Ok so I just had my third HT (1800grafts) 3 days ago ....and yes I purchased a Low level laser helmet to help with healing.... I don't want to get into the whole laser debate !! .... if it works it works...if not ..... what I would like to know is at what day/week post ht should i start using the helmet ??? Thanks

JC-

Congrats on your third transplant.

I would talk to your physician to see what his or her recommendation for using the laser is.....as each surgeon has different post-op care/instructions to follow. Some are more conservative than others when it comes to implementing things back into your 'normal routine', and when you're spending that kind of money.....I wouldn't chance it. I imagine once your grafts are secure (around 10 days), you could probably have the "helmet" on your head.....however, I would hate to steer you wrong if the follicles/grafts are still too sensitive to laser light. Maybe someone with more experience in this area will chime in.

Good Luck!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

As far as I am aware canuhairme, Dr. Rahal's Coalition membership had been reinstated as of May of this year. There was an odd law in Ontario, Canada (passed for a while) that said that Dr. Rahal (and other physicians in Ontario) couldn't participate in the forums himself, but as far as I know, this is no longer true. Maybe Bill or one of the other moderators will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong?! If I am missing something, I would certainly be happy to remove that part of my signature!

Best,

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Yeah....so I found the thread that I was speaking of up above. Please see post number 9 from Bill. Again, unless this has recently changed back, Dr. Rahal is indeed allowed to post on these forums again, and was reinstated as a participating Coalition Member. Hope this helps:

Coalition Membership/Participation allowed again for Ontario physicians!

Dr. Rahal's Coalition status was reinstated at his request based on some legal changes that took place. We are very happy to have him back!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website