Thank You

Pat, Bill, Feller, and all other posters who comprise this community. When I stumbled here I was a scared, angry, distressed kid; I isolated myself off in every sense of the word, hairloss smothering my natural nature as a social guy that likes people.

While hair restoration can be argued to be something of a cure, it certainly is not a panacea. Life is still difficult and complexities don't simply disappear and become pleasant vapor that we inhale and forget about. I do feel, however, that for the first time in years I am able to be myself.

Gradually, my life has gravitated back towards the center, to where it's belonged all along. The road has been long and the journey is not over. But to have come and gone so far is a feat that I will never forget, and it has made me infinitely stronger. Future problems and dilemmas of a follicular and non-follicular nature are inevitable -- I look forward to battling them both.....the latter, particularly! icon_smile.gif

There is a cool poem that JFK was fond of, and even carried a small copy of in his pocket: "bullfight critics, ranked in rows, crowd the enormous plaza full, but there is only one who knows, and it is he who fights the bull" To accomplishment, and moreso to the fight for accomplishment.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Pat, Bill, Feller, and all other posters who comprise this community. When I stumbled here I was a scared, angry, distressed kid; I isolated myself off in every sense of the word, hairloss smothering my natural nature as a social guy that likes people.

While hair restoration can be argued to be something of a cure, it certainly is not a panacea. Life is still difficult and complexities don't simply disappear and become pleasant vapor that we inhale and forget about. I do feel, however, that for the first time in years I am able to be myself.

Gradually, my life has gravitated back towards the center, to where it's belonged all along. The road has been long and the journey is not over. But to have come and gone so far is a feat that I will never forget, and it has made me infinitely stronger. Future problems and dilemmas of a follicular and non-follicular nature are inevitable -- I look forward to battling them both.....the latter, particularly! icon_smile.gif

There is a cool poem that JFK was fond of, and even carried a small copy of in his pocket: "bullfight critics, ranked in rows, crowd the enormous plaza full, but there is only one who knows, and it is he who fights the bull" To accomplishment, and moreso to the fight for accomplishment.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanatopsis_Awry,

Your post is a good reminder of just how powerful this online collaboration of educated patients and quality physicians really is.

We all come here with similar insecure feelings, and with the same purpose. Along the way, we develop online friendships with people who share a common bond. Most of us are too afraid to discuss our hair loss insecurities with others in the real world. I always found it funny how people are usually sensitive enough not to call an overweight person "fat", yet it's socially acceptable to make fun of balding people.

This community is made up of all those who positively and constructively contributed to this community over the years. Without all of you, there is no "Hair Transplant Network". A special thanks to all of you for contributing your experiences, photos, and valuable insight into hair loss related issues and treatments. Because of you, our community thrives with a multitude of information easily accessible by visitors and newbies.

Thanatopsis_awry, I am thrilled to see that after all your research and countless hours helping people in your spare time, that you've successfully restored your hair and feel better about yourself. This to me, is what it's all about icon_smile.gif.

Kudos to the quality physicians dedicated to meeting our high standards and helping hair restoration dreams become a reality for many like you.

Best wishes,

Bill