Robotic FUE hair transplant Dr. Ivan Cohen

odlantern

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't. FUE goes for $6-8 per graft from a reputable surgeon.

I've primarily had FUT, but also about 200 FUE grafts. The FUE was back to normal in like 3-4 days, which was incredible relative to the pain that stuck around for 10-12 days with the FUT (and of course the resultant scar).

My big issue with FUE is that you get a much lower yield (% of grafts that actually grow in)--according to my doc, it's virtually 100% with FUT, but only 70-80% with FUE. So the real cost of an FUE graft is just about double the price of an FUT graft (not to mention wasting donor supply).

I would rather not say an exact number, but it was somewhere around the mid thousands. Hopefully I didn't get ripped off.

Hi PulpedFiction1,

When I first consulted with Dr. Cohen, the price he gave me was quite high, just over $8 a graft. He mentioned that the robotic FUE costs more than the manual FUE because they have to pay a certain percentage of the procedure to the makers of the robot, but that it was worth it due to the usually higher yield.

He claimed that he put in 1100 grafts instead of the planned 1000 because I had a higher yield than usual during the extraction. I don't know what the exact percentage was.

I was very aggressive with negotiations because I just couldn't see paying that much. In the end, I got a little over $2 per graft off of the price.

Now that my hair is getting thicker, I'm really liking the results. At close to month 5 it now seems to be growing much faster. It is definitely dense enough. The open question is whether I want to move the hairline down further in the future. I will probably end up doing that in a year or two.

Dr. Cohen really seems to want me to come in so he can take pictures and inspect the results. He has contacted me several times.

~David

$6 per graft is good...especially considering that your surgeon is located in a very wealthy area, and is really the only decent HT surgeon in the state (and all of New England, really)

I've found that months 5-8 produced the most dramatic growth...exciting times, definitely.

Hi PulpedFiction1,

When I first consulted with Dr. Cohen, the price he gave me was quite high, just over $8 a graft. He mentioned that the robotic FUE costs more than the manual FUE because they have to pay a certain percentage of the procedure to the makers of the robot, but that it was worth it due to the usually higher yield.

He claimed that he put in 1100 grafts instead of the planned 1000 because I had a higher yield than usual during the extraction. I don't know what the exact percentage was.

I was very aggressive with negotiations because I just couldn't see paying that much. In the end, I got a little over $2 per graft off of the price.

Now that my hair is getting thicker, I'm really liking the results. At close to month 5 it now seems to be growing much faster. It is definitely dense enough. The open question is whether I want to move the hairline down further in the future. I will probably end up doing that in a year or two.

Dr. Cohen really seems to want me to come in so he can take pictures and inspect the results. He has contacted me several times.

~David