Importance of Hair Styling in Hair Transplants

I think this goes for all HT but is especially important for advanced cases.

In most cases, a NW 6 for example will not ever have unlimited styling options. Therefore, in order to maximize the illusion, maintain a good hairstyle, and cover thin gaps all at the same time, appropriate styling is required. I bring this up because now that my crown growth is almost all in, I am realizing just how important styling is and that Dr. Rahal when he designed the HT essentially accounted for this. For example, Rahal and I agreed to leave a spot untouched that is about 2*3 inches. However, by growing it out in the right places and proper styling, I can get the bare spot to be 1*2 inches at most. This is by maintaining a non combover look that looks modern and robust (wont fall apart in wind, etc). If I take my crown and spread it out, I hate the way it looks to be honest. But, when I style it right, it looks great.

Do thers find this as well?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I read this once from a top HT surgeon: Hair is deliberately transplanted at lower than naturally-occurring densities and so we depend on some illusion to make it look fuller than it actually is. Transplanted hair will always look fuller when 2-3 inches long, dry, separated, and styled to layer like shingles on a roof. It will always look thinner when cut short, spiked up, parted through, wet or clumped with product.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I read this once from a top HT surgeon: Hair is deliberately transplanted at lower than naturally-occurring densities and so we depend on some illusion to make it look fuller than it actually is. Transplanted hair will always look fuller when 2-3 inches long, dry, separated, and styled to layer like shingles on a roof. It will always look thinner when cut short, spiked up, parted through, wet or clumped with product.

Very true!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

this should be a STICKY

Yes! I asked my surgeon to elaborate on the details of how they budget the limited # of donor hairs and if there is a formula they use to determine the density they want to arrive at in HT's when filling in an area.. for example, I compared a guy who likes a mohawk style to a guy who like a professional clean cut hair style.. and I asked Dr Mohebi for his inputs.

Here is my surgeon's answer in :

How to budget hair in hair transplantation – Hair Economy

I think this is interesting stuff...

Also, I pay around $45 for haircuts nowadays because my stylist is also an excellent illusionist!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.