ACell + PRP Injections?

I just heard of this treatment today, and I'm trying to do some more research on it.

What are some of your thoughts? Is this a legitimate method of treating hair loss that has science behind it, or is it just a sham?

Any other information/opinions you have on the matter would be interesting to me, or if you can refer me to a site that has some good info.

Hi Mr. Steele,

We do not, in my opinion, have sufficient evidence to call ACell or PRP a legitimate treatment or a scam. Many physicians, at one point, were offering both as a stand alone treatment. Now, it seems like most integrate it into hair transplant surgery. Several hair transplant surgeons believe treating the surgical sites with ACell, PRP, or both leads to reduced scarring, faster healing, and better growth. As I said before, however, the evidence is still pending.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.